Spineless St Mirren

thebiglemon

unsure whether to post this in annoying cliches thread or this one, i was ..... but as never heard it before, decided this thread was more apt location.

in bbc report of tonight's game it says .....

Six games remain for Gary Teale's St Mirren to somehow extract themselves from the foot of the table, and that starts with another proverbial 'six-pointer', maybe even a 'nine-pointer', versus Ross County on Monday.

can someone, any one, explain how a nine-pointer works?

or is it just another example of how braincell-less, those employed by the once great bastion bbc, are?

Bit of an exaggeration. If we lose to Celtic and Motherwell we will be 1 point ahead of Motherwell

ok an exaggeration- win and we're nearly safe, lose and we're in trouble (not as snappy)

we do need to hold our nerve and a little luck would help, or at least the avoidance of bad luck

can someone, any one, explain how a nine-pointer works?

I know a nine pinter is one over the eight.

I suppose a nine pointer is best explained like this. Three points that St Mirren would get that had County got would makes a total difference of six . Hence the term "six pointer". Then add in this http://scontent-a.cd...179670281_a.jpg

I think it's fair to say that we won't be able to rely on St mirren to take points from teams around them (except maybe us). They have accepted their fate and are gone. Unfortunately this puts us in a position where we will have to rely on ourselves. I say unfortunately because our record against the rest of the teams in the bottom six is crap both home and away. I also say it because the two teams below us are on fire and have timed their winning streaks very well indeed. I agree with most on this forum who say that it's very possible that we can stay up but whilst a few weeks ago the odds were very much in our favour, I think now they are heading the other way. Win on Saturday and we take a huge step toward safety but at the risk of sounding like a "knickerwetter" our record in games where we have a chance to open a gap is not that great over the last two seasons. On a much brighter note it cheers me no end to see kille struggling and with games against Aberdeen & Celtic to come, let's hope they are the ones to do a hibs!