Freshers

Hankey

On several occasions, including at the start of this summer I have contacted the Club suggesting they try to get a presence at Glasgow Uni's Freshers Fair, and have offered to help them set up some sort of Student Supporters Club to incorporate into the Federation. I've never received any acknowledgement or response.

We are wasting a valuable opportunity to pull in some Freshers. On the day of the Dundee game, students were moving in, en-masse, into Murano Student Village and Firhill Court. 1500 or so students, many with their parents helping them to unpack. Literally on our doorstep. We could have handed out complimentary tickets to each new resident of all student accommodation in the vicinity of Glasgow Uni and if even 1 in 20 decided to come along that would have boosted our attendance by several hundred. If even 1 in 50 becomes a regular that's worth it and nothing lost.

This would be so easy to do and would be great for goodwill. It's not like it's even difficult. The University Sports Association partnered with the SFA to get freshers a discounted entry to the women's national team match against Norway tomorrow... at Firhill.

Edited by Woodstock Jag
  • Like 2

Cheers. Not sure about now, but I remember in years gone by plenty of activity around Cathedral Street during freshers week at the corner of Strathclyde Uni and between two city of Glasgow campuses with Stow, Caley, and the CoG Riverside Campus all within a short walking distance, chock full of various organisations, sports clubs, nightclubs, takeaway joints and so on getting free publicity and engaging with people who have just arrived in the city.

Seems like we've missed a trick on this especially at a time where we are hemorrhaging fans and allegedly based on previous posts on here, have an aging fan base. Even more bizarre given many of these people live almost literally on the club's doorstep.

The club are going to be attending this event next week:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FreshersFest?max_id=642382518881288192

Is that a definite mate? Just I was going to email the club about why they had not followed up on the information and offer of help from Woodstock jag but if they are definitely attending this event then obviously I won't need to

Hopefully Kingsley puts in an appearance as well as even if not that many students know much about the club I'm sure they will have seen some reference to the mascot in the world media over the summer

Edited by Third Lanark

Is that a definite mate? Just I was going to email the club about why they had not followed up on the information and offer of help from Woodstock jag but if they are definitely attending this event then obviously I won't need to

Hopefully Kingsley puts in an appearance as well as even if not that many students know much about the club I'm sure they will have seen some reference to the mascot in the world media over the summer

Accordingly to the entry on the 7th of Sept the club and mascot will be there.