Manager Of The Month / Year

jaggyben

we have to nominate Arcihie thank god we didn't listen to the panic merchants and dump him

Archie &Scott have done so much in the last 3 years it's quite unbelievable that some people used to question their competence to manage our team time and time again they got us through the shaky times we owe them big time

It's time the board and the fans got together and give both a big huge round of applause at the next home game lets go for Archie's age can't find the plus 44 or what ever minute stand up and clap appreciation cheers Arcchie &Scott and Gerrie and everybody else in the back room staff

the players deserve big credit as well Banzo Abdul Lawless sign on again Dools we need you to get them in your mould mon the jags

• Like 4

The more it goes on the more I appreciate Archie's low key style; not for him the attention seeking sound bite. Always a gentleman who has good things to say about the opposition. Now we are beginning to see a subtlety about the way he sets the team up. Tonight, for example it was a master stroke sending Pogba on and it was arguably the big man's most effective showing in a Jags shirt.

It has, in the past, irritated me that we get so little attention from the media. Archie does not give them much and I've been negative about his bland interviews.BUT he certainly lets his team do his talking on the patch.

The thing that surprises me is that our manager's understatedness in interview belies his cheeky sense of humour, intelligence and confidence that comes out loudly and clearly in the couple of "meet the manager nights" I've attended.

The master plan is falling into place Archie. Long may you and Shaggy continue to pull the wool over the eyes of the opposition!!

Well done Big Man!

More importantly, get the management team signed up on long-term contracts.

That way when somebody comes looking - and it will surely happen - at least we'll get decent compensation.

You will get savaged by some "supporters" for that one Jagger....lol. Pretty sure they are on the one year rolling contracts as was the case with McNamara and Donnelly.

Personally I would rather Archie continued to fly under the radar, because we shouldn't be naive to think that he won't be a target if vacancies at so called bigger clubs arise.

Not only is he managing a team who play decent football, he is doing it fairly successfully and on a tiny budget compared to most teams in our league, add all of that together and you have a manager who will be sought after.

So hope he continues quietly and that the dire media we have in Scotland continue to overlook both Archie and the team's success

• Like 1

Personally I would rather Archie continued to fly under the radar, because we shouldn't be naive to think that he won't be a target if vacancies at so called bigger clubs arise.

Not only is he managing a team who play decent football, he is doing it fairly successfully and on a tiny budget compared to most teams in our league, add all of that together and you have a manager who will be sought after.

So hope he continues quietly and that the dire media we have in Scotland continue to overlook both Archie and the team's success

He has made it pretty clear in interviews that he fancies a shot of managing in England at some point, just as Scott has said he would love to get a managers job. Could be that he just steps into Archies seat when he eventually goes. Would certainly make sense. Let's hope it ain't for a while yet, though I have had a nagging thought that this may be Archies last season at the club.