Bannigan

Dark Passenger

Maybe so, but if you were currently on £750 per week (for the sake of talking, no inside knowledge) and tomorrow were offered £1500 per week for a new 2 year deal, but in the case of relegation to the Championship you would be back onto £750 pw, would you sign it? Stuck with the team in the Championship for possibly the rest of your contract? I wouldn't, I'd wait it out. Of course you could end up Balatoni-ing things up I suppose!

A simpler solution is to offer a 2 or 3 year deal with a get out clause in case of relegation. Suits the players as if club stays up he has a certain amount of security and he isn't stuck if club gets relegated and suits the club as if player leaves saves on wages. Obviously a bigger club could offer a better deal but it does give you a chance of keeping players if your main competition is teams round about you.

Obviously we will lose some players but it's important we keep a core to make the rebuild job less shaky. This year we had Bannigan and Osman with Dools and Lawless upfront. We should have had a core for the back with Frans and Seabo along with Booth but injuries mean we had to play youngsters at centre back but luckily they came through well for us. Also Cerny was excellent from the start.

Fraser I think is signed for another year and barring injury I'd expect Welsh to sign again so there's a useful midfield pair there, though not as consistent as the Bannigan/Osman pairing. I really hope we can keep one of that pair and I'd be over the moon if we signed both. That and one of Frans/Seabourne re-signing along with Cerny and things would really start to look good for next season.

Of course we need to keep our good form going in January.

Can't see Booth, Welsh and Doolan being problems to deal with.

We should concentrate on tying up Cerny, Seaborne and Osman.

Don't think we'll be able to hang onto Bannigan and Lawless.

Frans might not accept being back-up but there's still plenty of time for him to force his way in. Leaning towards this being his last season here.

Really not sure about what we'll do with Scully. Gallacher will surely stay on as coach.

The likes of Miller, Wilson, Amoo, Edwards, Pogba still have to prove they deserve new contracts.

Duggan and Stevenson will be gone.

Welsh is already signed up for next season.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/august_2015/sean_welsh_signs_contract_extension

If we reach top 6 then guys like Lawless might be tempted to stay.

Bannigan deserves a big move, he has been in tremendous form recently.

Cerny, Booth, Doolan, Osman and Seabourne all signing up would be excellent business.