Declan Mcdaid Away On Loan.

Jimmy McD

Yes, our bench was a bit lightweight on Friday night, but we've got Fraser, Dumbuya, Elliott, Pogba all to return from injury, Stevenson will most likely be coming back at the end of his loan and Edwards will be back at the end of the month. That alone would fill up the bench alongside any signings we may make. With that in mind, I think it's important we put Declan's development as a player first, and he needs some first team action which he's not currently at a level to get with us. If he comes back from this loan spell a better player and more ready to make an impact on the first team then it's well worth the risk that it leaves our bench a bit lightweight for a game or two.

Unless you know him personally, how do you come to this conclusion?

I've never heard or read an interview where he comes across like that.

Certainly my impression of the lad. Works his socks off playing for the U20s. He's certainly still got a lot of work to do to make in the top league but it won't be for the lack of trying or having a Billy Big Boots attitude.