Corners And Free Kicks

stillresigned

I doubt that I'm the only Jags supporter to be totally fed up with the lack of quality and/or inventiveness from set pieces. Yesterday was a case in point when, chasing a vital point and with a goal coming from free play looking unlikely:our set pieces were frankly mince. To be honest this is not having a go at the management team, but could it be due to them having been defenders in their playing days?

Frankly, I genuinely don't know; however I think we should be aspiring to be doing better than a bunch of mates having a kick about on a piece of spare ground and that is frankly what our set piece attempts increasingly resemble.

Our set pieces have been mince for 20+ years. Only one season I can remember us having any kind of a threat was the year we won the first division. I've said before we don't attavk the ball in the oppositions box. We wait for the ball to come to our heads.

We are so bad at corners that I'm at the point now where I regard a shy near the goal line as a better bet than winning a corner.

Aye. Maybe the most roundabout argument for playing three at the back would be the opportunity to have Frans & Lindsay taking the throw ins. Certainly would be more penetrative than our corners.