New Manager

Jaggy1967

If a new man came in .. what difference would it make?

Many people feel McCall is saddled by the lack of money ! Are we really that poor compared to teams doing so very much better than us ?

If it is that simple and some new person took over, who would that person be that could change things and bring in investment ?

Yes I feel McCall has had more than enough time. Keep reminding myself of his 5 year plan! At what stage in this plan did we take 3 years back before going forward the answer to this escapes me at the moment.

Massive change of not just leadership but directorship required. Would be nice if the top brass at least acknowledged that they are out of their depth but are so far entrenched that change is impossible.

Our club is dying before our eyes and we need to motivate change urgently before it is too late

It's weird. Because times have been good under McCall too.

Remember Ibrox? Remember McCall unearthing Harkins? Remember us playing some nice "on the deck" football? God, remember the 2-1 League Cup game against the h*ns at Firhill? Remember the hope he gave us after years of decline? Remember how we thought the Jags were rising again? Remember "we believe"?

I have no idea what's gone wrong. McCall has wasted money in the past couple of seasons, of that there can be no doubt. But he has proven before that he can get it right. No name jumps out at me as a better alternative - I just want to know what's gone wrong and how we fix it.

To me, his biggest mistake has been keeping Maxwell as assistant - and I mean this in no bad way against Maxwell or his coaching abilities. I just maybe think the balance isn't right with him and McCall. With Speirs and Britton we were good. The only substantial change since then has been in the Assistant Manager position. I would have preferred McCall to push the boat out to get the right AM, even if it meant sacrificing two players (positions we could augment with youth) and I think the pressure on him is only going to grow. He needs to sort this out very soon.

Could do with one of those managerial gems that pop up every now and again. Owen Coyle is a classic example, if you told me he would be a Premier League manager when he was playing for Airdrie a few years back i'd have laughed at you.

We could do with someone who can get the most of the players week in week out with a bit of consistancy. Need someone to motivate the players.

I don't see the point in ditching McCall for another manager who has had a run of mediocre stints at other clubs. We could do with someone younger, with the ability to motivate and work on improving players.

Edited by Graemei

We have 1 of if not the most experinced managers in this league but he seems to have lost it.Not just this season but for all of this year.If i am correct we have played 23 league games in 2010 and lost 15 and yet we only signed 1 new player and got another on loan,We have not scored many goals but we do not sign any goal scorers for this season.I know money is short but as i said on another post do we rally need as many player/coaches?

To me, his biggest mistake has been keeping Maxwell as assistant - and I mean this in no bad way against Maxwell or his coaching abilities. I just maybe think the balance isn't right with him and McCall. With Speirs and Britton we were good. The only substantial change since then has been in the Assistant Manager position. I would have preferred McCall to push the boat out to get the right AM, even if it meant sacrificing two players (positions we could augment with youth) and I think the pressure on him is only going to grow. He needs to sort this out very soon.

Spot on IMO. That and the rehiring/resigning of MacNamara and Donnelly as coaches. There are your two players - along with Maxwell- that could have got the the AM/coach which we require. Alan Archibald, along with Ian Cameron, could have been helping with the youths instead of MacNamara and Donnelly.

On a slight tangent, the MacNamara signing really annoys me. We're told we're skint. We can't sign Halliwell until the eve of the season. Same for Flannigan when anonymous director puts his hand in his pocket to finance this deal but we sign MacNamara who is injured- but will 'hopefully be fit for Dundee game even if he misses start of the season'.

Quite simply, can anyone tell me why we're paying an injured player who wasn't our player to start?

The choice of the fans would probably be Jaggy McNamara, not really sure why though, just as experienced/inexperienced as Maxy/Cameron/Archie/Hinchy, who would all be in the frame.

IF McCall was to go, I don't think he will, the job will go to one of the above, imo.

I dont remember us having any success with inexperinced managers.If McCall went i dont know who we would get.

I dont remember us having any success with inexperinced managers.If McCall went i dont know who we would get.

Our budget would dictate that 1 of the guys I mentioned it would be the candidates, imo. Unless we went for someone who was out of a job & has been for afew years. No chance of McPherson/Calderwood or anyone like that taking the job.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Our budget would dictate that 1 of the guys I mentioned it would be the candidates, imo. Unless we went for someone who was out of a job & has been for afew years. No chance of McPherson/Calderwood or anyone like that taking the job.

Agree about Calderwood since money was the reason that he left Killie. McPherson may want a quick return to the game. Davie Hay was applied when McCall was appointed.