Player Fund

Firhillista

no, they have a scheme with eight hundred signed up for twenty pounds per year

£16k is still a decent sum of money. An extra £300 a week to stick on a player's wages. Maybe that would have been enough to get the Lyle Taylor deal over the line.

I see no problem with this idea in principle. I do think aiming for a specific thing is probably less ambiguous than a player fund (I'd be a bit deflated if my hard-earned cash ended up paying for Antonio German, for example) - something like a big wall to hide the bing, or if it had to actually be useful then we could have done something like this for the pitch repairs, or a PA system that doesn't destroy your soul. Basically something where you know what you're getting, as opposed to what is really a gamble. But each to their own, and if people want to give to this, then fire in.

£16k is still a decent sum of money. An extra £300 a week to stick on a player's wages. Maybe that would have been enough to get the Lyle Taylor deal over the line.

I see no problem with this idea in principle. I do think aiming for a specific thing is probably less ambiguous than a player fund (I'd be a bit deflated if my hard-earned cash ended up paying for Antonio German, for example) - something like a big wall to hide the bing, or if it had to actually be useful then we could have done something like this for the pitch repairs, or a PA system that doesn't destroy your soul. Basically something where you know what you're getting, as opposed to what is really a gamble. But each to their own, and if people want to give to this, then fire in.

Now there's an idea. Wonder if anyone else thought of that? :thinking::happy2:

• 4 weeks later...

I know I might get some flack for posting this but I am big and ugly enough to deal with that.

Given that the loss of budgeted income equates to a couple of players if anyone who is able to contribute via this scheme and has not signed up now wants to I am sure the club would be grateful.

http://ptfc.co.uk/fans/players_fund

• Like 3

This worries me because it probably wasn't good business sense to gamble on 3 games against the erse cheeks regardless of precedent!

"We are debt free and will continue to operate with good business sense and within our means"

I concede we made a mistake but it is now affecting us on the pitch :(

Edited by Pinhead

This worries me because it probably wasn't good business sense to gamble on 3 games against the erse cheeks regardless of precedent!

"We are debt free and will continue to operate with good business sense and within our means"

I concede we made a mistake but it is now affecting us on the pitch :(

It is affecting us but I don't blame the club for making the budgetary assumption they did as it was what the rest of the division did.

• Like 1