Incompetent Linesmen

Jaggernaut

Take all Exiled AusJag says on board but we are talking about a linesman who had difficulty holding onto his wee flag. :)

Just as an aside and more a generalisation but it's extremely difficult to think of linesmen/lineswomen as "assistant referees", when they completely ignore deliberate handballs and the like, often when the offence occurs within yards of them. I realise that some Scottish referees tell them they want nothing more from them than running the line but even at that throw ins can take place often ten yards or more from where the ball went out.

It almost appears to be some sort of demarcation going on between refs and linos. As Weebaw points out at Hamilton the ref was well placed to know that there was no offside. He could easily have checked with the lino as to where he thought the offside occurred. I know the expression that things even themselves out over the season (tho' I'd maybe dispute that when you're talking about big teams v bottom of division teams) but there seems to be a far lot more evening out to be done these days.

The ball was played by the Dundee keeper.

When Erskine hit the initial shot doolan was offside. Therefore still offside when it came back off the Dundee keeper.

It comes under gaining an advantage by being in an offside position. Doolan gained an advantage by being in an offside when the ball was initially played and thereafter rebounded off an opponent.

You really should read up on the laws of the game on the fifa website.

Edited by clarencegarter

When Erskine hit the initial shot doolan was offside. Therefore still offside when it came back off the Dundee keeper.

It comes under gaining an advantage by being in an offside position. Doolan gained an advantage by being in an offside when the ball was initially played and thereafter rebounded off an opponent.

You really should read up on the laws of the game on the fifa website.

This plus Dolan offside when Lawless played it to him

If the officials are incompetent, it maybe annoying, but not a problem as presumably they will be incompetent on an even basis and over the season, as many wrong decisions will go in our favour as will go against us.

If you are saying that the officials are deliberately targetting Thistle then that is a rather serious allegation.

For my tuppenceworth, I would rather that they made some errors than bring in the abomination of video replays. A also suspect that the officials make fewer errors in a game than any of the 22 players.

I must be alone in not being able to see round corners on this forum.

For the 2nd goal vs Dundee, Doolan is clearly ahead of the last Dundee defender but he might well be level with the ball when Erskine hits it, impossible to tell from a 45 degree camera angle.

For the 2nd disallowed goal vs Killie, it's again very tight and can't be judged from the one angle we have.

edit: apologies, Exiled AusJag said this before me.

Edited by Ancipital