Embarrased...........really Embarrased

jagsvayne

Spot on!

McCall is just full of BS - another Dick Campbell.

So we're not skint then, magic :rolleyes:

Ok pay a small fortune to get rid, bring in A N Other...we're more skint so now the new manager has to work with a worse budget and the same team. What would the expectations be??

And for the eejits singing "yer a wee fat ******* Ian McCall" get a grip ffs, be critical of his tactics, even scream for him to go if thats how you feel, but to lower yourselfs to the level of Dundee fans was almost as embarrassing than todays result!!!

So we're not skint then, magic :rolleyes:

Ok pay a small fortune to get rid, bring in A N Other...we're more skint so now the new manager has to work with a worse budget and the same team. What would the expectations be??

And for the eejits singing "yer a wee fat ******* Ian McCall" get a grip ffs, be critical of his tactics, even scream for him to go if thats how you feel, but to lower yourselfs to the level of Dundee fans was almost as embarrassing than todays result!!!

We're ****** either way. Give McCall a big payoff due to director stupidity of not letting him go, or keep him, get relegated and end up going out of business.

Edited by MWM

Taking off Doolan when he was the only real scoring threat left me absolutely speechless.

First half we completely outplayed them, second half up to about 10 minutes after we scored, it was 1-0 going on 3-0 or 4-0. The way we capitulated after they equalised though... it could have been a 4-1 reverse.

If I were Doolan I'd be absolutely raging at McCall for not giving me the full 90 minutes.

Worth mentioning that Paton tried to use his left foot a fair bit today, and actually did okay with it. McNamara looked classy all game but was let down by his poor defending for the 2nd goal. We noticed that their 2nd actually came from a position where Cairney baulked at shooting just outside the 18 yard box and instead opted to pass sideways which was closed down and they broke away.

So frustrating.

We're ****** either way. Give McCall a big payoff due to director stupidity of extending him so long, or keep him, get relegated and end up going out of business.

So the lesser of 2 evils is to give McCall the chance to turn it round then? Or walk away of course but I doubt he'll do that and Im not certain Id want him to.

So the lesser of 2 evils is to give McCall the chance to turn it round then? Or walk away of course but I doubt he'll do that and Im not certain Id want him to.

Yeah so are you happy to watch us slowly die and get humped off a bunch of plumbers and joiners two weeks in a row? All the excuses about money and so on are done after the last two league games, how anyone can genuinely defend the guy I don't know.

Absolutely disgusting start to the season. Losing two league games in a row to these Junior teams is a sackable offence. McCall is completely devoid of ideas on how to motivate this team and organise them. He won't resign and we can't fire him, so I am worried to say the least for the rest of the season. I can't see how I'll be back this season, too expensive to follow this shite when you don't get any enjoyment anymore.

The after-match reaction is dreadful - http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/september_2010/after_match_reaction_-_stirling_albion. McCall does not have confidence in himself or his players. There is no fighting talk or any belief that he can turn it around. The Board must act this weekend and give Bunter his P45.

Edited by kni

Absolutely disgusting start to the season. Losing two league games in a row to these Junior teams is a sackable offence. McCall is completely devoid of ideas on how to motivate this team and organise them. He won't resign and we can't fire him, so I am worried to say the least for the rest of the season. I can't see how I'll be back this season, too expensive to follow this shite when you don't get any enjoyment anymore.

£17.00 + 2.50 prog + 0.50 ht draw, + anything you buy to eat. getting very expensive and hard to justify.

the football is sh*t, not just by us i have to add.

the wee one is ball boy and loves it, its prob the only thing keeping me going back.

Edited by Gordie

Yeah so are you happy to watch us slowly die and get humped off a bunch of plumbers and joiners two weeks in a row? All the excuses about money and so on are done after the last two league games, how anyone can genuinely defend the guy I don't know.

Far from it but am trying to be realistic, you can shout for his head all you want but he'll decide when the times right to leave. The Board won't pay him off coz we cant afford to, also it would be a major gamble to do that and still end up relegated would you not agree.

As for defending him, hows this for defending him?

1st half was a poor show but we never looked in danger of losing a goal, didnt look like scoring 1 either. So McCall makes 2 changes (Sid and Erskine for Balatoni and Buchanan) and switches it to a 4-4-2. We go one up but NOT as a result of the system change but we then ship 2 goals where the 2 centre backs were at fault with each (the 2nd was a shocker)...because of the change to the system. Going 4-3-3 AND taking Doolan off was shocking, Bannigan was done and it would have been better to put Sid or Erskine into midfield and going wi Doolan Grehan and Sid/Erskine up front. Todays result was in no small part due to McCalls tactical changes and my patience is wearing as thin as many others, but the way I see it is McCall needs to get it right because I see us getting relegated if he doesnt. A change of manager wont affect that outcome imo.

Taking off Doolan when he was the only real scoring threat left me absolutely speechless.

First half we completely outplayed them, second half up to about 10 minutes after we scored, it was 1-0 going on 3-0 or 4-0. The way we capitulated after they equalised though... it could have been a 4-1 reverse.

If I were Doolan I'd be absolutely raging at McCall for not giving me the full 90 minutes.

Worth mentioning that Paton tried to use his left foot a fair bit today, and actually did okay with it. McNamara looked classy all game but was let down by his poor defending for the 2nd goal. We noticed that their 2nd actually came from a position where Cairney baulked at shooting just outside the 18 yard box and instead opted to pass sideways which was closed down and they broke away.

So frustrating.

Nonsense. We may have outplayed them but we didn't create anything so I have no idea where you get "going on 3-0 or 4-0"

Far from it but am trying to be realistic, you can shout for his head all you want but he'll decide when the times right to leave. The Board won't pay him off coz we cant afford to, also it would be a major gamble to do that and still end up relegated would you not agree.

As for defending him, hows this for defending him?

1st half was a poor show but we never looked in danger of losing a goal, didnt look like scoring 1 either. So McCall makes 2 changes (Sid and Erskine for Balatoni and Buchanan) and switches it to a 4-4-2. We go one up but NOT as a result of the system change but we then ship 2 goals where the 2 centre backs were at fault with each (the 2nd was a shocker)...because of the change to the system. Going 4-3-3 AND taking Doolan off was shocking, Bannigan was done and it would have been better to put Sid or Erskine into midfield and going wi Doolan Grehan and Sid/Erskine up front. Todays result was in no small part due to McCalls tactical changes and my patience is wearing as thin as many others, but the way I see it is McCall needs to get it right because I see us getting relegated if he doesnt. A change of manager wont affect that outcome imo.

it will in mine. he has decent players, they have no leader, he is clueless.

I've backed McCall to date in the hope he can turn it round but that was the final straw today - utterly depelorable.

Having spoken to a Morton and Falkirk fan about Albion, I knew how they were going to set-up today. Yet McCall with his army of staff couldn't figure it out. They were always going to play with one out and out frontman, so we respond by putting three at the back, leaving us a man short in midfield! Took him a full 45 mins to realise that and change it...and he took the wrong man in Balatoni off!

He also continually picks his pals every week. Buchanan hasn't kicked a ball in months and shouldn't start, simple as that. Similarly, Paton, for all his commitment, is a woeful player and McGeough should be given his turn. The logic of playng Maxwell is questionable and both Hodge and Bombscare are catastrophic players! Erskine is a headless chicken.

Worried and gutted by the lack of dig and effort. Only players I would give pass marks to this season are Doolan (a good striker, just needed a run), Boyle (for guts and determination to come back), and Halliwell (not done much wrong apart from at Raith). No fault on Stuart Bannigan who has fitted in well and McNamara who is just back from a long lay off. Sid has been ok too. Everyone else has been awful.

Don't know the solution but McCall's days are numbered and even he seems to think that, which is more worrying.

Nonsense. We may have outplayed them but we didn't create anything so I have no idea where you get "going on 3-0 or 4-0"

I'm talking about the balance of play. We looked comfortable after taking the lead and should have hammered that advantage home. We had all the possession and continued to press.

Then they broke away and equalised and we started to crumble big-time. Same old story.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

Having spoken to a Morton and Falkirk fan about Albion, I knew how they were going to set-up today. Yet McCall with his army of staff couldn't figure it out. They were always going to play with one out and out frontman, so we respond by putting three at the back, leaving us a man short in midfield! Took him a full 45 mins to realise that and change it...and he took the wrong man in Balatoni off!

How much effort really goes into analysis of league opposition?

Where there isn't scope for a scout at each game, it's a manager's job to have other sources of reliable info.

I read a depressing piece of analysis on here a few weeks ago by somebody called Uberteeb. There was enough sarcastic humour to indicate a fan had written it, but overall it was an effectively communicated summary of the current Thistle team's failings.

To successfully manage a football team at this level, you need to have reliable and up-to-date sources of information of what you are up against and be effective in your ability to introduce change into your environment – on or off the park. Has McCall demonstrated this during his tenure? Serious question.