Alex McLeish. .. Scotland manager.

Garscube Road End

Cynical backward-looking appointment of a time-served establishment figure, with nothing to indicate that he will bring anything fresh to the table.

It would probably not have worked, but I would actually have preferred somebody with a bit of energy and enthusiasm like John Hughes, even when tinged with some endearing naivety. At least he knows how to analyse a game honestly and give appropriate credit to both teams involved.

• Like 1

All I can say is that the good folk of Panini will not be looking for a Scotland template next Euro’s.

Postives re Mcleish? He used to stay near me and you would always slow down car to say that’s where Mcleish stays, which was a bonus as he lived at speed camera in Bearsden :) thus avoiding penalty points.

• Like 1

Completely underwhelming appointment that is all too typical of this governing body.  Failed to secure their first target to that top nation Northern Ireland, which is understandable given their wealth and prestige. Not deterred by that disappointment they have pushed the boat out to recruit one of the UK, ney Europes top coaches before they got snapped up by an elite club. It was either that or to prevent him from getting hypothermia from hanging around Hamden in this weather.

Love my country probably more than the Jags but feel completely disappointed and angry about this wasted opportunity.