The Battle of New Douglas Park

jagfox

5 hours ago, cyprusjag said:

Anyone who thinks the fixtures and injury list has not affected our performance is being unrealistic.Whilst I think is squad is one of the strongest we have had individually ,sadly that has not translated into team performances.No doubt some of that is the responsibility of the manager but in the last few games we have missed chances that we should have taken.Do we expect Archie to come running on to score? And looks like a perfectly good goal disallowed on Saturday.All we can do is grit our teeth and get on with it.

To be fair, we have the same fixtures, and play the same 11 teams as ever other team in the league. It is not an excuse. We had a tough few opening fixtures, and then we had arguably much easier ones that we didn't capitalize on. 

I don't think this is the worst squad we have had since coming up, but I do think it is by far the most overrated (which is ironic as we sit 11th in the table). Guys like McGinn, Edwards, Woods, Devine, and Cargill are all top Championship players at best. 

The Plastic,and the Accies, are here to stay.If I was of a Thistle inclination I'd be tapping the knowledge of Old Lambers and dragging him away from his doo hut or old folks home, whichever of the 2 he frequents these days.It sure seems like you guys need an elixir of somesort.Parachute Payment maybe?