Let's Fill Firhill

Col

Think of a certain song about our manager that Dundee fans revel in. Sad day when Thistle fans act like that bunch. Thankfully it was only a few (wish I could say it was just the young crew that hing aboot the Shed but I cant)and Ian_Mac put them in their place.

It's not Thistle, to sing that sort of stuff. Leave to the Scumdee fans.

It was started by the youngsters and maybe you spotted a few older heads join in which I didn't but it was born out of sheer frustration and it eventually boiled over.

They'll learn from it, I doubt the majority were around the place 10 years ago and understand how the match day experience has changed. However they are fans like you and me and it won't make me think any less of them, unless they do it again. I doubt they will as, like you said Ian told them what was what.

We're all in this together.

Edited by northernsoul

Without the ability to get rid, as it would be financial suicide, and without the majority of the support not agreeing with you (going by the poll on here anyway), what do you propose? The continual moaning from the same people? The continued embarrassing singing and personal attack at Firhill against Stirling?

You may be right uberteeb, maybe a change of manager is also needed (I dont think so...yet) but it's not likely to happen unless McCall decides to leave for nothing. So for now, can we not just bite the bullet and get behind the Club (including the team and McCall) in the most difficult period we have faced in a long time?

wondered how long it would take someone to use the poll to their advantage. its not the majority of support, its a majority of people who bothered to vote.

Getting back on subject: I'm actually looking forward to saturday's game.

it's amazing how a little bit of silver lining in the clouds can lighten your spirit.....................i might even dance!

dancing,a bit of singing(hopefully),before you know it,the ticket prices will be going up as we could be enjoying ourselves !!!

I expect more silver linings before the week is out - we are on the cusp of real change here.

It strikes me that you'll have an inside track, David. I hope you're not just teasing. To this Jags fan 'real change' would be a huge improvement in the club's financial and sporting fortunes. Every journey starts with a first step, I suppose.

To this Jags fan 'real change' would be a huge improvement in the club's financial and sporting fortunes. Every journey starts with a first step, I suppose.

While I tend to agree, M, there are no easy fixes. Nobody has £2m to chuck into the club, and even if they did, the yearly operating loss needs to be addressed by getting more people through the turnstyles.

What I think we can do something about quickly is the "them and us" bunker mentality that has put many people off lending their support to the club over the years - ask Willjag for example.

If people believe that it's their club; if we can engender a real sense of togetherness and community; and if people think that their opinion matters and there's real evidence that they can effect real change in how the club is run now and in the future, then that's a start.

The other side of it is getting an improvement on the park. While I'm sure that will bring more people back to the fold, you have only to look at attendances a couple of years ago when we came second to see that there really has been a huge disconnect with the supporters and that on field results in isolation don't seem to be the answer.

I suppose the vision for me is a board which is open and accountable to the supporters and which needs to pay the price for any systemic failures in the future. In other words, if we see things going wrong in the future, then we can't be in a position where it takes 6 years to effect boardroom change while the club goes to the brink of extinction.

Just my thoughts.

If people believe that it's their club; if we can engender a real sense of togetherness and community; and if people think that their opinion matters and there's real evidence that they can effect real change in how the club is run now and in the future, then that's a start.

The long-overdue resignations of the 3 Stoogies this week, in my eyes goes a long way to making me think that my and many many others with same or very similar opinions are now beginning to matter, and through the Trust and it's representations (mainly driven by David and Tom as far as I can see?), real change is beginning to happen. :cheers:

I suppose the vision for me is a board which is open and accountable to the supporters and which needs to pay the price for any systemic failures in the future. In other words, if we see things going wrong in the future, then we can't be in a position where it takes 6 years to effect boardroom change while the club goes to the brink of extinction.

That's a vision I have been craving for, for a long time. I really hope this week is a start of a new dawn for the club, and that the Trust and the Supporters are able to have a strong influence and say whereby together we can affect positive changes both within the boardroom and the club in general, from here on.

If, as I assume the walking of Prentice was another demand the Trust made last week, then I take my Thistle bunnet (with FTOF on it) off to them :clapping: . Well done, it seems a pair of cajones has been grown :happy2: , and if the positivity that emanates from these departures, can be followed up with more positives and good news, then the Trust has put itself in a very strong position to ensure longterm that it is representative of the support and can affect changes for the better. :thumbsup:

Interested to see now what the next developments are (from the Trust and/or the Club Board) and how they propose to go about reducing our debt, while increasing our turnover through attendances and other revenue streams - all the while improving the product on the park, as well as the visual aspect of the ground and the atmosphere within it.

For instance, does the Trust have a vision or proposal where, if Propco planning application gets the green light, even if it's too late to change the plans of Phase 1, then at least they will ensure Phase 2 does not see the Main Stand be reduced to a big blank wall where flats, shops and god knows what else takes the place of it? Creative thinking is needed, not opportunistic "nice little retirement" plans, to firstly ensure the club exists for another 134 and beyond, and secondly to have a stadium that is not an eye-sore or embarrassment, but is one we can be proud of and make into a cauldron of redandyellow passion on all sides.

:fan::fan::fan::fan:

:ptfc: Thistle Are Rising Again........... ? :cheers:

The long-overdue resignations of the 3 Stoogies this week, in my eyes goes a long way to making me think real change is beginning to happen.

For instance, does the Trust have a vision or proposal where, if Propco planning application gets the green light, even if it's too late to change the plans of Phase 1, then at least they will ensure Phase 2 does not see the Main Stand be reduced to a big blank wall where flats, shops and god knows what else takes the place of it? Creative thinking is needed, not opportunistic "nice little retirement" plans.

PropCo Phase One planning application CANNOT get the the green light. I've already lodged an objection by email to the planning application with the district council. More could do the same.

The hyenas are lurking on the canal bank. The vultures are circling the old main stand.

The plan for the old home-end and old main stand needs to be completely reconsidered with proper planning consultants brought in to draw up imaginative proposals to transform that half of the ground for the ENTIRE benefit of the club. Not speculators flashing filthy lucre.

Edited by BearsdenLoyal