Jacqui Low

blakey

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

What are you talking about you being practical ? 

You clearly have bought into the concept that if you have a Majority Shareholder then thats it -as No one can challenge it 

The Directors  have clear defined requirements under the Companies Act - you dont have to challenge them - go to Court or do anything - the responsibilities are a legal requirement and they cant be ignored - thats why we have Laws protecting the Rights of Shareholders - or we could  fall into the scenario your describing 

And 75% of the Share Capital isnt against me - the Trust Shares are seperate and governed by the Deed of Trust - or are you suggesting 3BC & the Trust are a defacto Voting Block ?  

No you don’t get it 

you say you are a shareholder did you get a vote or a say in removing Jlow ? No 

my point is who would challenge it , how and how would they pay for it ?

im being practical ....you may be right in theory but if no one goes to court nothing happens .....yes ?

1 hour ago, Springburnjag said:

Boards of directors are responsible to shareholders and guess who the biggest one of those are ..... did you get consulted whe. Beattie and co changed the old board ? No 

based on doesn’t mean slavishly following as we don’t need to raise the cash to buy shares 

things have move on can’t you ?

If the 55% Shareholder wishes the Board to carry out an instruction it has to do so formally - its recorded - its then raised at a Board Meeting - the Directors Vote on it - they can Vote not to carry it out - the 55% can then remove them as Directors - but at all points the Directors take the decisions - the Shareholder has No power beyond the removal of Directors  or voting at the AGM - what part of that dont you understand ?    

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

If the 55% Shareholder wishes the Board to carry out an instruction it has to do so formally - its recorded - its then raised at a Board Meeting - the Directors Vote on it - they can Vote not to carry it out - the 55% can then remove them as Directors - but at all points the Directors take the decisions - the Shareholder has No power beyond the removal of Directors  or voting at the AGM - what part of that dont you understand ?    

We agree 

the 55% plus the 20% not voting means ....

1 minute ago, Springburnjag said:

No you don’t get it 

you say you are a shareholder did you get a vote or a say in removing Jlow ? No 

my point is who would challenge it , how and how would they pay for it ?

im being practical ....you may be right in theory but if no one goes to court nothing happens .....yes ?

Nope - they didnt need my Vote - they drew up a Written Legal Mandate removing the Board - served it formally on the Club as required under the Companies Act 

Look the Companies Act is a legal requirement - you by Law have to comply - No one needs to go to Court - its the Law - Directors have to comply  

We agree 

the 55% plus the 20% not voting means ....

It means that in all instances any Major Shareholder can give an instruction formally-  and its voted and recorded by the Directors - the only Power available is to remove Directors - nothing more - the 55% means ZERO at the Board  Meeting - its one member one vote - casting vote by the Chair  

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

It means that in all instances any Major Shareholder can give an instruction formally-  and its voted and recorded by the Directors - the only Power available is to remove Directors - nothing more - the 55% means ZERO at the Board  Meeting - its one member one vote - casting vote by the Chair  

Super ....the point I have been struggling to get over is ....let’s imagine the club did something that was in contravention of company law .....so what ? How would it get raised and determined ? Actually with great difficulty and needing some cash .... 

1 hour ago, Firhillista said:

But you have to start somewhere.

Basing initial plans on the Motherwell Trust - which by all accounts seems to be successful - looks like a reasonable place to start, following which input from the wider Thistle fan base can be used to adjust things to more specifically target Thistle's needs.

Is the debate on here not more about whether people trust the new owners to do this properly or not? Personally, I've not seen anything yet which gives me cause for concern about the intentions of the new owners or the interim board. That may change in the fulness of time, but surely we can give them the benefit of the doubt at this stage?

You start by Consulting the Fans not by dictating the Model - if its going to be there Ownership then they decide the Model ?   

3 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Super ....the point I have been struggling to get over is ....let’s imagine the club did something that was in contravention of company law .....so what ? How would it get raised and determined ? Actually with great difficulty and needing some cash .... 

I really hope you are nowhere near the workings of the temporary board or the steering group going forward going with either your basic lack of understanding of company law or your determination to ignore it

5 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

FFS by reporting it to the required Authorites - as you would be in non compliance with the Companies Act and thats an offence 

there is No difficulty and No cash required !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Can I just tell you in many instances a MINORITY shareholding can do that ...particularly in a private company ... 

No they cant - only Directors make decisions legally 

If a decision was made by a Shareholder - lets say regards H&S  ( extreme but not impossible ) there was a fatality - the Directors get prosecuted and go to Jail - not the Shareholder - thats why all decisions are by them legally  

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

I really hope you are nowhere near the workings of the temporary board or the steering group going forward going with either your basic lack of understanding of company law or your determination to ignore it

I’m not so chill 

but the lack of understanding you and jj have on how companies actually work and particularly small private ones is amazing 

as we are talking many private companies are ignoring company law and nothing is happening 

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

FFS by reporting it to the required Authorites - as you would be in non compliance with the Companies Act and thats an offence 

there is No difficulty and No cash required !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who would do that 

what’s the process 

what’s the timescale 

what’s the sanction 

hiw often does it happen 

your talking theory in real life .,,,

Who would do that 

what’s the process 

what’s the timescale 

what’s the sanction 

hiw often does it happen 

your talking theory in real life .,,,

No Im talking the legal process - you stated  you have to  go to Court - you dont 

And it happens all the time 

Sanctions are Fines or banned from being a Director 

Its not Theory - you can report via a Govt website 

5 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

I’m not so chill 

but the lack of understanding you and jj have on how companies actually work and particularly small private ones is amazing 

as we are talking many private companies are ignoring company law and nothing is happening 

These companies may not have 1500 shareholders 

7 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

I’m not so chill 

Small Owner managed Companies No doubt they are Shareholder & Director are the same person - thats not the case with PTFC