Jacqui Low

blakey

1 minute ago, Springburnjag said:

You drive 

you’ve broken the law 

nothing happens 

Happens every day 

Ok so your saying - that your ok with non compliance - who cares -   just as well - you have zero to do with running the Club then 

Board Directors hopefully see it different as its on them to comply not you ........

14 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You consult the Fans - you give them  numerous Models - narrow it down to two - let them Vote 

To an extent I agree with this; but there has to be a starting point. Even in the situation you describe, you need a procedure to consult the fans, identify the numerous models, narrow it down to two, and organise a vote. Someone has to organise this.

The impression I get is that whoever organised this would be getting criticised for not consulting first on how they were going to organise it.

There's a balance here between necessary robust challenge and persistent negativity.

• Like 1

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok so your saying - that your ok with non compliance - who cares -   just as well - you have zero to do with running the Club then 

Board Directors hopefully see it different as its on them to comply not you ........

You keep making things up whilst not addressing the points I’m making 

all I was saying is your formal approach to life doesn’t match reality as your speeding offences will testify ... you knew the law you broke it 

6 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Sure but that’s not our case is it ? 

bet you £1000 it doesn’t happen 

We have a club that is (by all accounts) being governed by fans for the fans, these guys have other jobs too. So why would they risk their own careers (outside the club), their reputations and the name of the club they hold dear by not following the law?

As for the £1000, if I was to hear evidence of what you are stating being correct at Partick Thistle I’d have no qualms or hesitations of making that call myself, as would many other fans who care about the club. If that was to happen you can donate it to The Erskine Home

Edited by Norgethistle

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We have a club that is (by all accounts) being governed by fans for the fans, these guys have other jobs too. So why would they risk their own careers (outside the club), their reputations and the name of the club they hold dear by not following the law?

Hopefully not !

my point is simply ..., take the health and safety at work regulations .... how many companies break them every day and don’t get prosecuted ? Loads 

do we want to be like that no 

does it happen yes 

2 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Hopefully not !

my point is simply ..., take the health and safety at work regulations .... how many companies break them every day and don’t get prosecuted ? Loads 

do we want to be like that no 

does it happen yes 

Having worked previously as a roving inspector for Health & Safety Exec you’d be surprised how many get prosecuted or have noticed placed on them. All it takes is one call from an employee, a member of the public or a fire officer to instigate a wee chap at the door. It’s only the big ones you hear about in the papers

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

Having worked previously as a roving inspector for Health & Safety Exec you’d be surprised how many get prosecuted or have noticed placed on them. All it takes is one call from an employee, a member of the public or a fire officer to instigate a wee chap at the door. It’s only the big ones you hear about in the papers

But let’s agree lots get away with it as well 

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

The board is there to represent all the shareholders which would be the fans. What your proposing is not fan representation but a dictatorship, this is what concerns folk with this arrangement.

You keep mentioning 75% of the shares, but 3BC only have 55%, for the PTFC trust to transfer to another model needs approval by its members the fans

Was a dictatorship not what you favoured anyway under Paul Conway? You didn’t seem to have any objections to that

3 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

But let’s agree lots get away with it as well 

So lets be clear - your logic is - lots of people get away with it ? 

So what about basic morals - that in a Civilised  Society we obey its rules ( & Laws ) 

That as a Club we should represent our Fans- who actually care about our standing in Society and how we are perceived within it ?  - but instead we should ignore this-  to pander to what ?  - and the Club Directors should ignore there fiduciary duty-  because "lots of people get away with it" 

We are not lots of people - We are Partick Thistle - we have standards - and what your suggesting falls way below them   

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

So lets be clear - your logic is - lots of people get away with it ? 

So what about basic morals - that in a Civilised  Society we obey its rules ( & Laws ) 

That as a Club we should represent our Fans- who actually care about our standing in Society and how we are perceived within it ?  - but instead we should ignore this-  to pander to what ?  - and the Club Directors should ignore there fiduciary duty-  because "lots of people get away with it" 

We are not lots of people - We are Partick Thistle - we have standards - and what your suggesting falls way below them   

Have you ever broken a traffic offence ? Got a parking ticket ? Speeded ?!

2 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Have you ever broken a traffic offence ? Got a parking ticket ? Speeded ?!

Right end of conversation - your arguing its ok for the Club to  break rules 

Most people get Parket Tickets or Speeding Fines due to lack of concentration - errors - etc they dont deliberately set out to ignore the Law