Eddie Prentice

yoda-jag

It's Official :)

EP is to leave the board "at the end of September".

YES !!!!!!

First the Clown and Halfwit resigned on Monday, two days later it's Embarrassing Eddie who finally did the decent thing.

That's what i call a brilliant hat-trick :D

He does say though he intends to "carry on looking after and growing the Centenary Fund" :blink:

:thinking: Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but he says it "has been such a success, contributing £50,000 per annum" to club playing budget. Wasn't it expected to be nearer £100k per annum when the "leap of faith" was made or am i imagining that?

Edited by yoda-jag

I am guessing that Cowan, Hughes and Prentice were pushed out by Beattie and/or the bank. It is unlikely that, despite the spin on the club website, they did the "decent thing" and left voluntarily. The PropCo investors could be taking full control of the club and its assets, including the entire stadium. I would not start celebrating yet until we get the full picture of what's happening.

Edited by kni

I am guessing that Cowan, Hughes and Prentice were pushed out by Beattie and/or the bank. It is unlikely that, despite the spin on the club website, they did the "decent thing" and left voluntarily. The PropCo investors could be taking full control of the club and its assets, including the entire stadium. I would not start celebrating yet until we get the full picture of what's happening.

That could very well be the case, Kni. However, the three stooges were identified as barriers to progress. Getting shot of them is one small victory. We can celebrate that while gearing up for a bigger battle.

That could very well be the case, Kni. However, the three stooges were identified as barriers to progress. Getting shot of them is one small victory. We can celebrate that while gearing up for a bigger battle.

yes the more thistle fans who invest money in the club we can get rid of the better i mean its such a large number of people! :blink:

tom hughes has been trying to get off the board for years but it as a condition of the BANK and out borrowing that he stayed....i suspect the propoc deal has allowed that to be changed and he can now go :blush:

yes the more thistle fans who invest money in the club we can get rid of the better i mean its such a large number of people! :blink:

You're telling me messrs Cowan, Hughes and Prentice weren't barriers to progress? Their contributions, both financially and in terms of time, have been acknowledged elsewhere.

Are you also telling me that systematic failures don't mean a jot to you, and as long as someone's got a bit of green then we should continue to bend over and let me f**k us?

I'm fascinated - talk me through this "investment".

Leaving aside the shares that were given for no consideration to TH and the miniscule holding of AC (EP did of course pay for his shares when we needed it most), has anyone got a copy of the accounts and do they tell us how much Gerber Landa and Gee were paid for doing such a magnificent job of setting the budgets and maintaining the accounts of a company that has lost more money than the Inland Revenue?

You're telling me messrs Cowan, Hughes and Prentice weren't barriers to progress? Their contributions, both financially and in terms of time, have been acknowledged elsewhere.

Are you also telling me that systematic failures don't mean a jot to you, and as long as someone's got a bit of green then we should continue to bend over and let me f**k us?

lets see the wonderful alternative.....i dont know why anyone would be a director all you get is abuse with no upside :thumbdown:

or to put it another way we have not gained anything

You inferred that the departing directors were people "who invest in the club". That's not true though is it.

As for whether or not we've gained anything - you just need to read the reserved sense of optimism that there might be a brighter future for Thistle again instead of what seemed like a slow descent to oblivion. Personally, I like 2 of the 3 departees and I wish them well but Allan Cowan making the kind of comments that he did on departure is moronic. These were guys who played a major part in rescuing the club the last time but if they don't accept that they are now responsible for the mess that we're in then they have no chance of any positive legacy.

Short version: stop defending them. They performed well initially and then seriously disappointed. The club is in a mess financially, the fans' morale was as low as I can ever remember it and we're bottom of the league. That responsibility lies at the door of those who administered the club to this point so leave with grace and with our thanks for the positive things that you did.

You inferred that the departing directors were people "who invest in the club". That's not true though is it.

As for whether or not we've gained anything - you just need to read the reserved sense of optimism that there might be a brighter future for Thistle again instead of what seemed like a slow descent to oblivion. Personally, I like 2 of the 3 departees and I wish them well but Allan Cowan making the kind of comments that he did on departure is moronic. These were guys who played a major part in rescuing the club the last time but if they don't accept that they are now responsible for the mess that we're in then they have no chance of any positive legacy.

Short version: stop defending them. They performed well initially and then seriously disappointed. The club is in a mess financially, the fans' morale was as low as I can ever remember it and we're bottom of the league. That responsibility lies at the door of those who administered the club to this point so leave with grace and with our thanks for the positive things that you did.

sorry dont get it....what were all these great alternatives?

Even though Cowan, Hughes and Prentice are gone, I can't get overly excited just yet.

As mentioned above, the details of their departures aren't exactly flowing through yet, i.e. shares and Prentice's continued involvement with the Centenary Fund.

We're still in huge amounts of debt, still don't have a shareholder to write off losses or the means to do that without such a person.

To add to that, the men behind PropCo are still around waiting to pick the last few wads of cash we can make. Personally, I am not too excited about Beattie and Gilfillan being in charge if that proves to be the case.

I'd rather have a complete gutting of the board, but beggars can't be choosers.

We've scraped off some rust with Coco and friends, but as far as I'm concerned there's a lot of painting to be done so to speak.

Edited by The Terminator

sorry dont get it....what were all these great alternatives?

So you believe that there's no better alternative to AC/TH/EP running the club? Two of the three getting paid more than they're spending in there? Don't make me laugh.

I could name you individuals but I wouldn't do that on a fans forum - that would be as unfair to the viable replacements as you are rose-tinted in your assessment of the recent past. Let's wait and see who steps into the breach but I have no doubt that they are better alternatives - look at what the irreplacable have left behind.

Aside from the £25k he was taking from the club om a consultancy basis, surely most objections against EP were the way he was running the Centenery Fund?

He resigns from BOD, keeps his shares which he is entitled to as he purchased them and continues working with the Centenery Fund.

Not much has really changed then!!!

Aside from the £25k he was taking from the club om a consultancy basis, surely most objections against EP were the way he was running the Centenery Fund?

He resigns from BOD, keeps his shares which he is entitled to as he purchased them and continues working with the Centenery Fund.

Hi Trott - It's very easy to get carried away with things in the euphoria of the last few days; certainly a lot has happened. I think it's important to appreciate that whether you think he did it well or badly, Eddie Prentice was responsible for a lot of the day to day running of the football club. It will no doubt take a bit of time for things to settle down. For our part, the Trust is well aware that the CF did not appear to be being run so as to maximise its return for the Club. If the Trust can work with the Club to improve that, then we will.

It's a classic case of "some things change so much, they end up staying the same". Resigning from the board was an attempt to distract attention towards him, and others like Cowan and Hughes, by disgruntled fans. He's still lurking in the shadows with his shares stuffed in his back pocket.

Can somebody tell me if he is involved in this PropCo racket? And who else with club connections is on that PropCo board? How much do they stand to profit from redeveloping part of Firhill?

Edited by BearsdenLoyal

about 18 months ago, i contacted and made an appointment to see eddie prentice as part of the small business scheme to support thistle. i had persuaded my boss that our company, a landscaping company, would assist the club with some small works at no cost but would get some advertising in programme etc in return.

I was due to meet him at 8:30 one morning- i turned up at firhill and no sign of life. eventually it become apparent that he was on annual leave that day but had forgotten to tell me. needless to say, when i told boss what had happened, i never contacted him to re-arrange!! this was a company looking to help the club but this guy never had decency to contatc me to cancel or re-arrange. Another couple of thousand pound down the pan!!!!

about 18 months ago, i contacted and made an appointment to see eddie prentice as part of the small business scheme to support thistle. i had persuaded my boss that our company, a landscaping company, would assist the club with some small works at no cost but would get some advertising in programme etc in return.

I was due to meet him at 8:30 one morning- i turned up at firhill and no sign of life. eventually it become apparent that he was on annual leave that day but had forgotten to tell me. needless to say, when i told boss what had happened, i never contacted him to re-arrange!! this was a company looking to help the club but this guy never had decency to contatc me to cancel or re-arrange. Another couple of thousand pound down the pan!!!!

If you're willing to look into this again (or indeed, if your boss is), then PM me and I will raise with the Club Board direct. Will understand if the ship has sailed.

Hi Trott - It's very easy to get carried away with things in the euphoria of the last few days; certainly a lot has happened. I think it's important to appreciate that whether you think he did it well or badly, Eddie Prentice was responsible for a lot of the day to day running of the football club. It will no doubt take a bit of time for things to settle down. For our part, the Trust is well aware that the CF did not appear to be being run so as to maximise its return for the Club. If the Trust can work with the Club to improve that, then we will.

David, who at the Club is (or will be) responsible for day to day liaison with the SFL/SFA? What would I suppose be bread and butter to a club secretary could be a minefield to others.

We all saw what happened at East End Pk when administrative duties were devolved. I realise that was Scottish Cup and thus still a good while away but there must be red tape and protocol involved with league & Alba Cup matches.

David, who at the Club is (or will be) responsible for day to day liaison with the SFL/SFA? What would I suppose be bread and butter to a club secretary could be a minefield to others.

We all saw what happened at East End Pk when administrative duties were devolved. I realise that was Scottish Cup and thus still a good while away but there must be red tape and protocol involved with league & Alba Cup matches.

I believe Ami has been doing this, at least since January. Though of course I could be totally wrong!