Just In

Jaggyman

Comfortable 3-0 win for the Jags tonight. Balatoni Cairney and Grehan being the first teamers and all 3 played well. Cairney with 2 one a pen and Grehan? were the scorers. Jags number 8( Campbell) looks a good player and McGeoch played well too. After Cairneys early opener the Jags never really looked in trouble altho QP did make a few chances. They played a lot of nice football and kept possession well. Was good to see a team in Thistle colours winning

Comfortable 3-0 win for the Jags tonight. Balatoni Cairney and Grehan being the first teamers and all 3 played well. Cairney with 2 one a pen and Grehan? were the scorers. Jags number 8( Campbell) looks a good player and McGeoch played well too. After Cairneys early opener the Jags never really looked in trouble altho QP did make a few chances. They played a lot of nice football and kept possession well. Was good to see a team in Thistle colours winning

Glad to hear Cairney looking good (though of course weak opposition) as we need more dig in midfield. We need him and Macnamara in midfield (with Archie, Robbo and Kinniburgh/Balatoni as centre backs) to give us more drive, especially as Rowson seems a bit off form at the moment. I'd also be willing to risk Balatoni/McGeogh as right wing back for a game or two - Paton needs to be dropped to wake him up.

Glad to hear Cairney looking good (though of course weak opposition) as we need more dig in midfield. We need him and Macnamara in midfield (with Archie, Robbo and Kinniburgh/Balatoni as centre backs) to give us more drive, especially as Rowson seems a bit off form at the moment. I'd also be willing to risk Balatoni/McGeogh as right wing back for a game or two - Paton needs to be dropped to wake him up.

I agree with regards to McNamara. I don't like him playing where he is currently. His intelligence and composure needs to be in the midfield, as it was last season.

Paton just needs dropped all together.

Bit of an understatement there. Rowson is far less effective than he used to be. It's starting to look like he's on a rapid decline, and only his reputation is keeping him in the team. But then that goes for some of the others too.

Rowson may not have been great on Saturday but the midfield was ten times worse when he went off!

Partly down to the set-up effectively leaving us without one... Flannigan and Hodge as "the midfield" given where Donnelly was playing and Paton and Boyle being on defensive duties.

Put Hinchy in midfield. Can't be any worse than Podge.

Partly down to the set-up effectively leaving us without one... Flannigan and Hodge as "the midfield" given where Donnelly was playing and Paton and Boyle being on defensive duties.

Put Hinchy in midfield. Can't be any worse than Podge.

No need when we've got Bannigan and other decent youngsters who'd at least contribute some energy and aggression (I mean wanting to go forward). If Cairney could get his form back and Bannigan (and a fit Macbeth) continue to progress then we'll have more options. I think that's what's needed. Too many players don't have someone to step in and take their place (or they don't think we have).