Apathy?

Jaggernaut

14 hours ago, Paddy Thistle said:

This is actually a message to Admin. I know of a friend who previously was able to sign on to the site and make posts. Due to laptop problems he lost that ability.

He has tried to sign up as a new member but is hit with messages such as -"Error for site owner - invalid domain for site key" "You did not pass the security check - Please try again" - "Your answer to the challenge question was not valid -Please try again".

He has e-mailed Admin. on 3 or 4 occasions and receives an instant computer generated acknowledgment, but nothing thereafter.

He is not a Facebook orTwitter user.

Maybe there are others in the same boat?

Don't know if this helps your friend but i now have to use a incognito window to get on the site.

10 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That suggests it’s something with your browser cookies, not the site. You could try clearing cookies, or try a different browser to see if that helps 

Thanks DD. I tried clearing cookies first and that caused even more problems.

Also on the message it says 'if you are owner of this website, host error,there is an issue between cloudflare's  cache and your origin web server'.

20 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Thanks DD. I tried clearing cookies first and that caused even more problems.

Also on the message it says 'if you are owner of this website, host error,there is an issue between cloudflare's  cache and your origin web server'.

Did you try a different browser? The fact it works in incognito suggests that it is an issue with the browser (incognito just creates a clean browser window)

50 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Did you try a different browser? The fact it works in incognito suggests that it is an issue with the browser (incognito just creates a clean browser window)

I am totally hopeless with tech. Wouldn't know how to change browser. Happy to use incognito window. Our late son was the computer expert, he had a 2/1 honours degree in computer games technology.

Thanks for the suggestions. :thumbsup2:

• Like 1