Jags Reserves

Mr Bunny

The more I see of these young players the more convinced I am that they are the 'real deal'.

Highlight of the afternoon though was the referee having to stop play as Kieran's wee brother was playing on the net behind one of the goals.

"Hey Grandad, can you do something about that?", came the embarrassed shout from big brother Kieran. :P

Burns took his goal very well, Scully pulled off a terrific save in the 1st half down low to his left. Bannigan was decent, Lochhead wasn't as involved as he usually is, but probably as he was playing sweeper. Fraser played well upfront with Burns, took his goal very well & does look a better player than last season. Erskine also played well at LB & took his goal very well (he was moved to AM when subs came on, where he scored from). Hodge also played quite well. Were lucky afew times when Queens just missed the target, but overall a deserved win.

Burns took his goal very well, Scully pulled off a terrific save in the 1st half down low to his left.

Was an incredible save :thumbsup2: . Not just getting to the ball but strong hands to push it safe.

I guess most will only have seen McGeough, Burns, Bannigan & MacBeth from last season's under19s and perhaps, McGeough excluded, get the impression from what they've seen that the youngsters can play but are a wee bit light weight. Well Bannigan skinny tho' he is appears to be able to hold is own (or at least is heading that way) and Burns looks like he's bulked up a bit since the Spring. The likes of Lochhead & Campbell are hard nuts and Shaun Fraser, who's not that long turned 17, is not easily knocked off the ball.

I echo what Tom said about the younger players looking "the real deal". Just hope the environment is right for a few of them to get playing in the first team soon.

I'd agree, it really doesn't feel like you're watching a team which is basically made up of U-19s.

I think the decision to field largely an under 19 side in reserve games is a good one. Gives the players the chance to test themsleves against bigger and stronger players.

They haven't been found wanting in that respect and it should help ease the step up to the first team.

Watched my first reserve game in 10 yrs and went away happy after seeing a some superb goals.

I did think that the QoS team were very young , either that or I'd be worried if I was a QoS fan.

I was a bit confused at seeing Erskine at lb although he did well and looked good coming forward. He scored a cracker and looked confident throughout.

Good performance all round.

Watched my first reserve game in 10 yrs and went away happy after seeing a some superb goals.

I did think that the QoS team were very young , either that or I'd be worried if I was a QoS fan.

I was a bit confused at seeing Erskine at lb although he did well and looked good coming forward. He scored a cracker and looked confident throughout.

Good performance all round.

I'd be a bit bemused as well, as I can't remember him putting in any kind of decent tackle. Did he manage it?

I'd be a bit bemused as well, as I can't remember him putting in any kind of decent tackle. Did he manage it?

I couldn't figure out if we were playing three at the back or a back four. Maxwell was either at left centreback or left back. Maxie is so fleet of foot it's difficult to tell :) .

Certainly Erskine popped up at left back every so often. Don't remember any crunching tackles but he seemed to cover a lot of ground. When he scored his goal he cut in from the inside right channel!

Certainly Erskine popped up at left back every so often. .......When he scored his goal he cut in from the inside right channel!

That's generally where he's been at his most threatening, but unfortunately, football management in Scotland being what it is, the default view is the simplistic one that left-footed players belong on the left side of the park and right-footed players belong on the right.