For Those There Today

lennythistle

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not there. And yes i do feel that he is at the vey least twisting the situation. However what i am saying is surely you should hear what others who were there have to say before you judge finally whethe he is being truthful. Dont you think there is a chance that he might just be a tad biased?

Biased? Why would he be biased? To make Thistle fans look worse than they really are? I know lennythistle, he loves this Club as much as the next Jags fan and a slur on the fans is a slur on him also. I don't get that one.

As for listening to other fans who were there, I have done and have also spoken to others who were there. I drew my conclusions based on that not on some gut feeling I have got from reading this thread. I hoped lenny would have come on and said he had misunderstood and that he could now see that the abuse may have been directed at the steward(s)...but he didn't and I aint gona call him a liar.

Biased? Why would he be biased? To make Thistle fans look worse than they really are? I know lennythistle, he loves this Club as much as the next Jags fan and a slur on the fans is a slur on him also. I don't get that one.

As for listening to other fans who were there, I have done and have also spoken to others who were there. I drew my conclusions based on that not on some gut feeling I have got from reading this thread. I hoped lenny would have come on and said he had misunderstood and that he could now see that the abuse may have been directed at the steward(s)...but he didn't and I aint gona call him a liar.

Well i......might

I'm sure 50 baying fans would have been noticed by others inside the ground.

i will agree with that bit(the 50), i did hear abuse (scum and the likes)getting shouted later but didnt see who it was towards, still dosnt mean it didnt happen (minus the 50 perhaps)

bloody hell ThistleMad, with the way you were going on i thought you were there!!! you must be right then??

i will agree with that bit(the 50), i did hear abuse (scum and the likes)getting shouted later but didnt see who it was towards, still dosnt mean it didnt happen (minus the 50 perhaps)

bloody hell ThistleMad, with the way you were going on i thought you were there!!! you must be right then??

Just filled with a righteous urge for justice.....which may have been misplaced lol who knew??!?!

Even if the reaction was bad, getting the steward for 'rentboygate' is still a bit ott

As far as i can tell the guy caled the linesman a rent boy....big deal

tell you what, you go up to someone (the bigger the better, or even a police man)tonight and call him a rent boy and see how you get on :thumbsup2:

i wait with interest for the morning papers to hear the outcome. ;)

Edited by jaggybunnet

I was not there. And yes i do feel that he is at the vey least twisting the situation. However what i am saying is surely you should hear what others who were there have to say before you judge finally whethe he is being truthful. Dont you think there is a chance that he might just be a tad biased?

so, despite now admitting you weren't at the match , you throughout this thread question my honesty and integrity. After the incident that led to the guy being evicted, one fan shouted at us , "that's your fault", by this time my daughter was in tears and after the first shout more and more followed, i'd just seen how angry they had been towards the steward and now turning on us.....i realised we had to leave........oh and my dad had shouted up to ask the guy to tone it down but it was either not heard or ignored.....im willing to accept not heard.....so after it continued he asked the steward to ask him to tone it down.

Please remember we were in the section of the ground which included the childrens gate ..so obviously we were in the section of the ground with a lot of children...not just my daughter. The language , which you think is acceptable at a football ground is certainly not acceptable in what most would have recognised as a family section.

I , my daugter and my father should not be expected to move from a family section because of the vile, disgusting language of people unworthy of description "partick thistle fans". If you or any other contribbutors to this forum cannot understand this fundamentle point, then you and they should be ashamed of yourselves. Partick thistle deserves better.

tell you what, you go up to someone (the bigger the better, or even a police man)tonight and call him a rent boy and see how you get on :thumbsup2:

i wait with interest for the morning papers to hear the outcome. ;)

This forum has a no swearing policy that is quite strictly enforced. Rent boy seems to be acceptable :thinking:

Edited by ThistleMad

I , my daugter and my father should not be expected to move from a family section because of the vile, disgusting language of people unworthy of description "partick thistle fans". If you or any other contribbutors to this forum cannot understand this fundamentle point, then you and they should be ashamed of yourselves. Partick thistle deserves better.

That's a ridiculous assertion.

Really? Lenny seems pretty adamant.

The abuse aimed at me, my dad and the tearful daughter was as we left, i'd asay at least 5o were shouting, swearing and threatening us....yes some tried to get over seats to get to us....all the time while my daughter was in tears and quite clearly terrified. can i ask, where you there ?

Yeah, i've argued with you on here many a time, but why would i lie about this, what have i got to gain from it ?

Sure, swear at me , swear at my dad....but once it's clear my daughter was in the state she was in...why continue it, we were going, why continue to threaten us ????

Oh and we shouldn't have had to go....the mob reaction to us.....decent people there to watch the team we love....gave us no choice.

I think so, no doubt it will be totally denied now but i was sure it was mentined earlier

for the hard of understanding

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :wall:

it was one of the things that were said, the guy continued to shout abuse long after everyone had sat down and went quiet(and i would think he would agree he went over the score), he had been shouting stuff for a fair bit of the game and i think that final rant was the one that caused them to complain.

again you were not there so what are you talking about????