Contract Expiry

PaleGreySky

Does anyone know when our playing squads contracts run out? Who are our highest earners/lowest earners and who's departure will open up the largest amount of money?

maybe best checking the website for when the players are contracted to? i would expect the higher earners to be archie,robertson,rowson and buchanan, lowest wages would be the youngsters obviously, maybe including the likes of erskine/boyle/doolan/grehan/maxy and hinchy?

lowest wages of the first team are:

Maxie

Sid

Jackie Mac

Hinchy

Halliwell

all on 150.00 per week. Although I believe that there is a small bonus if certain targets are achieved for Maxie,Sid, Jackie + hinchy.

The 4 coaches wanted the first rung on the ladder

Halliwell wanted in the shop window.

You can add Fox to that list, although i believe he is playing for nowt.

Edited by Gordie

Does anyone know when our playing squads contracts run out? Who are our highest earners/lowest earners and who's departure will open up the largest amount of money?

I was going to post something along the lines of Gordie's.

Obviously actual individual wages, bonuses etc are a private matter. What I think we can assume is there's on average likely to be little money freed up when anyone's contract expires.

Even if we assume Buchanan is one of our higher paid players we don't know if his terms are dependent on a goals per season threshold. Just as an aside I wonder if the total amount we're paying our five goalies exceeds the individual pay of a few of the keepers in Div 1?

Maxie

Sid

Jackie Mac

Hinchy

Halliwell

all on 150.00 per week. Although I believe that there is a small bonus if certain targets are achieved for Maxie,Sid, Jackie + hinchy.

If accurate, those are ridiculously low wages, part-time IMHO. Sid and Jackie will have made good money and can probably afford a season or two on low wages. I would expect Maxy, Hinchy, Halliwell and Fox to have mortgages or rents to pay. Their wives or partners must be working to pay the bills or they must have other jobs.

maybe best checking the website for when the players are contracted to? i would expect the higher earners to be archie,robertson,rowson and buchanan, lowest wages would be the youngsters obviously, maybe including the likes of erskine/boyle/doolan/grehan/maxy and hinchy?

That's a fair assessment but Cairney got his 3 year contract before the budget squeeze. I would expect him to be one of the best earners too. Flannigan can't be getting much. Kinniburgh might have agreed to lower wages in exchange for his contract extension.

Maxie

Sid

Jackie Mac

Hinchy

Halliwell

£150 is way below what I have heard (from a reasonable source). If your figures are accurate £150 is way too much for Hinchy especially when we have 2 GK's on the books (apart from the youngsters. He is getting paid for training.

Why would these guys bother for £150 ? especially Hinchy , Maxi or Halliwell - these guys are all company directors outwith football. and SID & Jackie must have a fair nest egg from previous years.

£150 is way below what I have heard (from a reasonable source). If your figures are accurate £150 is way too much for Hinchy especially when we have 2 GK's on the books (apart from the youngsters. He is getting paid for training.

Why would these guys bother for £150 ? especially Hinchy , Maxi or Halliwell - these guys are all company directors outwith football. and SID & Jackie must have a fair nest egg from previous years.

the 150 is an accurate figure, the reasons being, it get them on the coaching ladder. there is a bonus at end of season depending on league positions, ive no idea what this is tho.

Edited by Gordie

the 150 is an accurate figure, the reasons being, it get them on the coaching ladder. there is a bonus at end of season depending on league positions, ive no idea what this is tho.

If we end up in 9th or 10th, there will be no bonus i assume, as that would be failure undeserving of any extra payout(s).

Why do we have a goalkeeping coach? Seriously. Jonny Tuffey was a million time better than Hinchcliffe ever was, and he pushed himself on to improve. An impressive feat would have been getting Halliwell to do the things you can coach with a degree of competence. He didn't do this, and we jammily got a freebee keeper who'll play for nothing because Dundee happened to go into administration. Is Hinchcliffe really worth having on the books instead of a decent assistant manager?

I'm increasingly thinking Jackie McNamara might make a good manager. He's got great attitude - you can see that in his tackling and in his possession of the ball - and experience to draw from. I even found myself thinking I wouldn't mind Gerry Collins back in as assistant to put our lot through a proper workout, Lambie-style. I remember pre season being told we had been doing loads of fitness work and hadn't been training with footballs until late on. The fitness of the team doesn't show - probably because it's not there - and the lack of ball-time does show. We can't strike crosses or shots cleanly at all.

Edited by PaleGreySky

I believe that to be so. Certainly was a couple of seasons back. What I don't understand is where the extra money comes from to pay these bonuses. Irn Bru and/or the SFL hand out prize money dependent on final league position but from what I've heard it's little over £1K a place.

Why do we have a goalkeeping coach? Seriously. Jonny Tuffey was a million time better than Hinchcliffe ever was, and he pushed himself on to improve. An impressive feat would have been getting Halliwell to do the things you can coach with a degree of competence. He didn't do this, and we jammily got a freebee keeper who'll play for nothing because Dundee happened to go into administration. Is Hinchcliffe really worth having on the books instead of a decent assistant manager?

I'm increasingly thinking Jackie McNamara might make a good manager. He's got great attitude - you can see that in his tackling and in his possession of the ball - and experience to draw from. I even found myself thinking I wouldn't mind Gerry Collins back in as assistant to put our lot through a proper workout, Lambie-style. I remember pre season being told we had been doing loads of fitness work and hadn't been training with footballs until late on. The fitness of the team doesn't show - probably because it's not there - and the lack of ball-time does show. We can't strike crosses or shots cleanly at all.

Why not have Boab McCulloch as manager then? He could tackle better than McNamara.

Seriously though you honestly think you can tell who would be a good manager by the way they play football? You're having a laugh

Why not have Boab McCulloch as manager then? He could tackle better than McNamara.

Seriously though you honestly think you can tell who would be a good manager by the way they play football? You're having a laugh

You can tell someone has professional pride, a winning-mentality, a good work ethic, is someone who doesn't give up and has an ability to read the game well from the way they play football. I think these things go a long way towards being a good manager so, in response to your question, yes.

How do you know this? Fairly sure I read in quite a few interviews over the years how thankful Tuffey was to Hinchy for his coaching and how he improved him as a keeper etc. A nonsensical post on the whole.

Jonny Tuffey had attributes such as the ability to organise his defence, the ability to motivate his defence and raise their standards and good attitude shown by coming out to warm up before second halves. Halliwell doesn't have these abilities and definately wasn't organising the defence (and remember, it's the same players) when he was No 1. Surely if Hinchcliffe can teach these skills then Halliwell would have at least made some headway with demonstrating them?

It's fine if that reasoning is nonsensical to you.

Jonny Tuffey had attributes such as the ability to organise his defence, the ability to motivate his defence and raise their standards and good attitude shown by coming out to warm up before second halves. Halliwell doesn't have these abilities and definately wasn't organising the defence (and remember, it's the same players) when he was No 1. Surely if Hinchcliffe can teach these skills then Halliwell would have at least made some headway with demonstrating them?

It's fine if that reasoning is nonsensical to you.

It's been fairly well documented that Tuffey said Hinchcliffe's coaching was instrumental in his development into the keeper he became during his time with us. Given the fact that we have guys like Scully and Shepherd in the youth teams that we all have high hopes for, I'd say that Hinchliffe has a significant role to play in their development.

Shame he couldn't work his magic on Halliwell though :(

If you're saying Hincliffe is a flawed goalkeeper coach then you're going against informed opinion.

It's difficult to counter your argument without slagging off a current Jags player, something I don't really want to do. So I'll leave it by just saying old dogs and new tricks.

I'm increasingly thinking Jackie McNamara might make a good manager. He's got great attitude - you can see that in his tackling and in his possession of the ball - and experience to draw from.

I think this is a good shout and agree that McNamara could become a good manager.

I even found myself thinking I wouldn't mind Gerry Collins back in as assistant to put our lot through a proper workout, Lambie-style.

I think this is a horrendous suggestion.