Dundee Fans Boycott

Willjag

• Members

Interesting ticketing pricing used by Falkirk the other week there when they played Dundee, they gave Dundee a £2 donation for every full price adult ticket (I'm not sure if it was just for the away end or for the total attendance?).

With Dundee fans threatening to boycott away games, the home teams could use this idea to make the Dundee fans think twice when they would effectively be denying their Club cash.

I'm sure I read they had a couple of hundred at Dingwall. That can't be far off what they usually bring up there anyway.

I was wondering whether they were actually boycotting en masse. Whether I go back to Dens in the Spring will depend entirely upon whether they bring a half-decent support to Firhill next time.

• Members

Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to introduce a system for the SFL whereby a proportion of the gate money from away fans is paid to their club. It might encourage fans to travel to away games if they knew their own club would benefit.

Yep I'd definitely be more inclined to travel to away games. The thought of my cash going to prop up a rivals finances is a big factor in me not attending more away games.

Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to introduce a system for the SFL whereby a proportion of the gate money from away fans is paid to their club. It might encourage fans to travel to away games if they knew their own club would benefit.

Totally agree.

However, I wonder how many clubs would be honest about the amount of punters who were going through the away turnstiles.

As for the Dundee point, I wouldn't like us to do a similar gesture to Falkirk. Ther should be no helping hand for cheats.

Totally agree.

However, I wonder how many clubs would be honest about the amount of punters who were going through the away turnstiles.

As for the Dundee point, I wouldn't like us to do a similar gesture to Falkirk. Ther should be no helping hand for cheats.

Exactly, well said.

I read this morning that McLean (Chief Exec) saying they won't be signing any players as "its important that we live within our means"!!! I had to laugh, stable door, horse and bolted springs to mind!!

If they boycott away games, each team loses 2 gates of Dundee fans. If every other team boycotts Dens Park in response, Dundee lose 18 gates of away fans (relatively speaking). I don't understand their logic.

Exactly, well said.

I read this morning that McLean (Chief Exec) saying they won't be signing any players as "its important that we live within our means"!!! I had to laugh, stable door, horse and bolted springs to mind!!

If they boycott away games, each team loses 2 gates of Dundee fans. If every other team boycotts Dens Park in response, Dundee lose 18 gates of away fans (relatively speaking). I don't understand their logic.

Their way of seeing it is that in total they would boycott 18 away games, and give what money they would have spent on those to their own club. They seem to think that they have a big travelling support, which of course they don't except for one or two derby matches.