Embarrassed To Be A Thistle Fan Today

Ancipital

The muted response at full time was more due to the fact the main stand seemed not to realise it was full time for a good 3/4 seconds after the terrace. It was just a funny angle and a not very clear bit of signalling from the ref. I had no idea the final goal had gone in until just after. It didn't look like it from the terrace until I saw the net rippling.

Had a great day yesterday on the terracing just being able to walk around and meet up with a few familiar faces plus the guys who were in the cricket club before were in great form next time im definetly getting the train (smeets)rather than drive thru thought there would be more people on the terracing though .

Maybe if the terracing was bit steeper more folk would go there. When it's behind the goal and only a handful of steps high the view's not too clever. Places like Somerset Pk and Forfar (at the far end) even Cowdenbeath are fine but I find the likes of Dingwall & Annan pretty restricted.

Was behind the goal yestrday and it was brilliant. Another great Scottish cup day oot ther must have been about 14 of us in total for the trip and it was great. Started in the Vale at 12 then in the cricket club and then total singing behind the goal. Best moment has to be whilst singing the Red and Yellow chant the Jags scored brilliant or what. That is what the atmospere should be like. Suffering a bit for it today though. :lol:

:):):)

At least the prawn sandwich stand-dwellers turned out in bigger numbers than the Terracing Tams..... :rolleyes::P

(seriously - good singing guys :clapping: )

At the third goal it wasn't clear to me (in the stand) that the ref wasn't going to chalk it off for whatever reason (knowing Thistle's luck),

and the lineo didn't seem to indicate the goal either - hence the muted cheer.

Similarly at full time, we though it was just a foul on the far side.

I was going to post today, applauding the guys and gals that braved the terracing and sang for the whole 90 minutes. Hats off to you.

I don't however agree that the east stand was just full of polite clapping, derission and mostly silence. From where I was sitting, plenty of encouragement was being directed at the players; they seemed to be getting stuck in yesterday and the fans responded. There might not have been as much singing as on the terracing but it doesn't mean there was none.

I echo previous posts - at times i though the ref was using a dog whistle; i just couldn't hear him blow for half the offences he did, and this might explain the lack or delay in response to some events.

Anyway, we took a decent crowd up to Stirling and should all be proud.

As an aside ...

I think that Stirling could have got a bigger crowd, had they decided to take part in the SFA promotion to let all kids in for free to the game (I assume it was a decision made by the club). The home support was poor and their away support at Firhill surprised me earlier in the season. For a team apparently owned by fans, they dont seem to be as loyal a bunch as you'd expect - why is this? I wondered if some people (not being Stirling fans) just thought it'd be a lark to own a footie club and threw some money at it - I seem to remember a few years ago something being set up on the internet where you paid £20 or so to join a group that was going to buy a club down south. Anyway, i've gone completely off topic - sorry!

Edited by MerryHell

Maybe if the people from the terracing came over to where all the other fans were then we would join in. They almost separated themselves as the "singing section" before the game even started. Nobody in the main stand is going to get up a sing alone. I feel even at Firhill the shed singers have alienated themselves from much of the support.

Maybe if the people from the terracing came over to where all the other fans were then we would join in. They almost separated themselves as the "singing section" before the game even started. Nobody in the main stand is going to get up a sing alone. I feel even at Firhill the shed singers have alienated themselves from much of the support.

I don't know where to begin with this post.

This whole subject is being blown well out of proportion.

we went behind the goal on saturday, what a great atmosphere created by about 20 or so guys,

Many thanks to the team who had been at the cricket club, the rendition of 'Delilah' at half time was just pure class! I'm still pissing myself when I think about it.

To stand and watch football with a wee singsong and a Thistle win.....a perfect saturday.

Had a great day yesterday on the terracing just being able to walk around and meet up with a few familiar faces plus the guys who were in the cricket club before were in great form next time im definetly getting the train (smeets)rather than drive thru thought there would be more people on the terracing though .

Train going back was awesome , belting out all the auld songs , then sammy dows for the karaoke. Suffered yesterday tho !!!! Come on the jags