Friendly Match On Saturday

hoopster

The Queen's Park website is now saying that they're still trying to organise a game on Saturday, (no mention of it being against the Jags, though). They're saying you should check their website for future updates.

Trying to get confirmation myself for what, if anything, is planned for Saturday.

The QP official site is reporting that Thistle will be playing Queen's at Lesser Hampden in a friendly.

The QP social club in Lesser Hampden will also be open for those interested in a drink or 5.

:)

The Queen's Park website is now saying that they're still trying to organise a game on Saturday, (no mention of it being against the Jags, though). They're saying you should check their website for future updates.

:(

:)

:(

I checked the QP site again at 10:30 this morning. There's no real change............"Efforts are under way to arrange a closed-door friendly at Lesser Hampden for Saturday afternoon, with the likelihood that the social club will be open for a pre-match drink. Apologies for the earlier posting which said these arrangements had been confirmed. More details will follow when they are finalised."

I checked the QP site again at 10:30 this morning. There's no real change............"Efforts are under way to arrange a closed-door friendly at Lesser Hampden for Saturday afternoon, with the likelihood that the social club will be open for a pre-match drink. Apologies for the earlier posting which said these arrangements had been confirmed. More details will follow when they are finalised."

Game defo on 3.30pm kick off, Lesser Hampden

I would prefer us to play an open doors friendly against SPL opponents (e.g. St Mirren or Hamilton) to raise some gate money.

If open doors, it would probably necessitate the attendance of police, stewards, etc. You would anticipate a smaller crowd for a friendly, so the club could possibly end up losing money.

Also, the SPL teams are still playing their arranged fixtures.

Game defo on 3.30pm kick off, Lesser Hampden

How can you be 100 per cent sure? Not saying you are wrong, but no mention on ptfc.co.uk, while QP site makes no mention of opposition

Although the league game against Clyde has been put back until Tuesday, with a 7.45pm kick-off, there's no rest for the QP first team squad. To keep them ticking over and ready for the midweek trip to Broadwood, Gardner Speirs has arranged a training stint on Saturday, with a friendly match at Lesser Hampden in the afternoon. The game will be closed-doors, but the upstairs bar in the QP Social Club will be open from 1pm on Saturday for those lost souls who want to avoid a shopping trip to Asda.

Mulling over the prospect of Edinburgh United v Arthurlie, but not sure if I can afford time.

Just round the corner from my house. Difficult wee ground to find.

But it won't be on because it's hammering down with snow right now.

Edited by honved