Firhill

There is no doubting that the atmosphere at Firhil is, well, let’s just say it could be better. As we are stuck with 2 sides we have at the minute what ideas do you have to make the best of what we have?

I know someone will say ah the police or H+S will never allow some things, or that the player’s family sit there, but seriously what can we do / what could we consider?

Some things I've been thinking about....

1. Until anything happens at the other end, I'd have Thistle fans in the stand behind the goal and in the north side of the Jackie Husband stand. The away fans can gather at the other end (for all that come to us). Who else shoots towards away fans at one end and a hill at the other? I know a few players / former players and they tell me there is nothing better than shooting towards your own fans.

2. Failing that, move the 'Shed' to the other end of the ground in order to create a bit of interaction / atmosphere with the away support. Move the kids section to section 1.

Any merit? Anything else?

I dont think the club can be blamed for having the shed at the traditional home end of the ground. We couldn't move it to the other end and still have the police control box where it is. Since any money coming in would be better spent on improving the product on the park, I dont thin it is going to happen.

What we as fans need to do is ALL get behind the team from kick off and not rely on the shed guys. We are all Jags fans and we are all in it together.

Edited to add, I hate sitting behind the goal at matches. It makes it difficult to get a perspective on the game when the ball is at the other end of the park. I don't mind it so much at the odd away game but I wouldn't like it every 2nd Saturday.

Edited by GrantB

I dont think the club can be blamed for having the shed at the traditional home end of the ground. We couldn't move it to the other end and still have the police control box where it is. Since any money coming in would be better spent on improving the product on the park, I dont thin it is going to happen.

What we as fans need to do is ALL get behind the team from kick off and not rely on the shed guys. We are all Jags fans and we are all in it together.

Grant something's wrong...this new forum has done something to the natural order of things because once again I find myself agreeing with you*.

*and with your edit :o

Edited by Steven H

The atmosphere in the JH was fine this season up until the general malaise that affected the players started to affect the supporters as well. Sure, most of the noise comes from the shed section down at the city end, but when the team are really trying or on form then it's great the way the singing spreads right throughout the stand. And I can tell you, having sat in the north stand on one occasion, that there is no question that the away fans can hear it loud and clear.

I think we all just need to get right behind the team, I have to say that the Shed is a shadow of its former self, its no where near as vocal or crazy as it was back in the day.

But I agree the atmosphere has to improve.

Moving the Shed to the other end of the Jackie Husband would make a huge difference,However to many folk would be against change.I sit just beyond the half line and this season the atmosphere has been non existent,for all the Shed may be singing their hearts out you can hardly hear a peep from where i`m sitting.With both sets of fans nearer to each other surely this would generate a better atmosphere

I think we all just need to get right behind the team, I have to say that the Shed is a shadow of its former self, its no where near as vocal or crazy as it was back in the day.

But I agree the atmosphere has to improve.

When you say back in the day, do you mean the pre-JHS shed? Now that was a fun, and at times dangerous, place for a young Jags to be...will never be beaten!

Rip out most of the seats and shove in crash barriers to the JH ... what's the worst that could happen in division 1 eh?

As for the shed, in the old days we used to be in the middle (of the JH) right up against the fence - apart from blue/green filth games when we'd be at the pie stall.

The atmosphere is deid as the seats kill it completely ... all thanks to the cops on duty at Hillsborough.

'The Shed' can't be anywhere else cause of the hospitality then the ST holders in the middle then the directors then the police box. Its hardly ideal but there isn't anything that can be done. The reason the atmosphere was rotten in the last few months of the season is because the fans followed the example of the players and manager and decided to collectively chuck it as well.