Released Players From Other Clubs

From QOS Official Site:

Manager Kenny Brannigan announced his retained list this afternoon. Players still under contract--David Lilley, David Hutton, Marc McAusland, Derek Holmes, Willie McLaren, Rocco Quinn, Bob Harris, Paul Burns, Craig Reid, David Weatherston and Stephen McKenna.

Daniel Carmichael has also now signed for next season and Sean O'Connor is staying on. Neil Scally has been retained as player coach.

Those released are--Scott Fox, Ludovic Roy, Craig Barr, Marvin Andrews, Leon Knight, Stewart Kean, Tony McParland and Steve Tosh.

Loan players Jamie Adams and Jordan McMillan will be returning to their own clubs

Dundee OS:

Out of contract Tony Bullock, Derek Soutar, Eddie Malone, Gary MacKenzie, David Cowan, Colin Cameron, Darren Young and Bob Malcolm and Player of the Year Jim Lauchlan, as well as loanees Ryan O'Leary, Andrew Shinnie and Ben Hutchinson will be leaving Dens, while Ritchie Hart, Maros Klimpl, Chris Casement and Bryan Deasley have been told that they can find new clubs.

Interesting...

i would happily have either soutar or bullock to work with halliwell.

would like to see kimple (sp ? ) stewart keane and mcpartlane from queens i liked in the past worth a trial ?

any news osn thistles list yet ?

Edited by Balloch Jag

i would happily have either soutar or bullock to work with halliwell.

would like to see kimple (sp ? ) stewart keane and mcpartlane from queens i liked in the past worth a trial ?

any news osn thistles list yet ?

No.

Kimpl would be a good signing but I'd doubt we could afford him.

There is no rush to sign new players as the SPL teams will be looking to trim their squads too. Our problem is that we have too many poor players under contract for next season. More young loan signings from the SPL may be the only affordable option. We need a left back and, in addition to Conroy, we could look at Jordan MacMillan or Steven Kinniburgh on loan.

The same Dundee fans were raving about him up until he picked up an injury at the end of October. I wouldn't take their word for anything, especially after them voting Lauchlan their POTY. :lol:

Protest votes made to demonstrate just how pissed off they were with the way things went. I think his initial surge in popularity came from the fact he appeared to be the type of player the club needed, but it quickly became apparent that performances didn't back up the hype.

Protest votes made to demonstrate just how pissed off they were with the way things went. I think his initial surge in popularity came from the fact he appeared to be the type of player the club needed, but it quickly became apparent that performances didn't back up the hype.

Or because Dundee fans think he's a good player.

Wouldnt have a problem if we signed Eddie Malone, cant remeber if he plays left back. Was good at CLyde, been far from terribel at Dundee and can contribute with the odd goal ehre and there, think he scored for Clyde against Celtic. Would likely be a better left back than Boyle.

Wouldnt have a problem if we signed Eddie Malone, cant remeber if he plays left back. Was good at CLyde, been far from terribel at Dundee and can contribute with the odd goal ehre and there, think he scored for Clyde against Celtic. Would likely be a better left back than Boyle.

Malone did score against Celtic but hardly ever gets a goal. Way short of Twaddle in class imo. Might be wrong but I've always thought Malone's strength was in going forward and he's more than slightly suspect defending. Don't feel with two aging centrebacks he'd be the type of left back we need.