Jags Tartan Scarves

beep0608

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Bannigan [email protected] to me (14 Jan)

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding Partick Thistle tartan scarves, we are currently in the process of sourcing this product from our suppliers and once we have all the relevant information we will present it to the Board of directors for the authorisation / approval.

The process from design / manufacture to retail can take a number of weeks but rest assured as soon as they are available for sale I will be in touch.

They will be available through the usual outlets in the City centre , Firhill stadium store and online at www.greavessports.com .

Kind regards,

Frank.

Maybe better emailing someone else within Greaves - Frank no longer works there :thumbsup2:

• 1 year later...

Well, in view of the apparent continued disinterest by the Club/Greaves in marketing Thistle tartan scarves for the supporters, may I recommend this?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Scottish-Tartan-Clan-Scarf-Brodie-Red-Modern-100-Pure-Wool-/220897028454#ht_500wt_1180

I picked up one of these in Kirkcaldy yesterday for less than a tenner. In some respects it looks even more Thistle than the official Thistle tartan!

So, until such times as the Club/Greaves offers an official scarf that is to my liking, this will be my "Jags" scarf from now on.

Well, in view of the apparent continued disinterest by the Club/Greaves in marketing Thistle tartan scarves for the supporters, may I recommend this?:

http://www.ebay.co.u...4#ht_500wt_1180

I picked up one of these in Kirkcaldy yesterday for less than a tenner. In some respects it looks even more Thistle than the official Thistle tartan!

So, until such times as the Club/Greaves offers an official scarf that is to my liking, this will be my "Jags" scarf from now on.

Well spotted - Looks pretty smart

I mentioned this some time ago, but I ruined my Jags tartan scarf at the end of last season by getting it mixed up with other clothes, and it went into the washing machine, without me knowing. I liked it, and would like another. They're no longer available from the club, but the company who do the tartan said they would do a run, when I asked a while back. I can't remember the minimum number of scarves involved, or how much they'd cost each, but is anybody else interested? It wasn't a huge number, something like 8 or 10 scarves possibly. If even a few of you express an interest then I could ask again.

I'd be more then happy to involve the club, in case they could profit in any way, though I'm not sure how. Even if we got a few of you interested, we could maybe do something like split the costs, have one scarf each, then...auction off the spare scarves, or something? I'm not looking for personal profit here though. Any profits could go somewhere appropriate, though not necessarily into a bucket outside Dens....charity begins at home.

For now though , could anybody interested say so here please?

hope you do involve the club in this, my dad had one of them as a kid and would love to get him one (and me)