Game Off

Tom Hosie

Great shame this as the 'romance' of the cup won't now be possible for many including myself. The attendance for this if it goes ahead on Tuesday will be a poor one I'd imagine.

Looks like it'll be a wet cold night. If the drainage is ok the game should go ahead.

I see there's a match on council telly that night (B'Ham v W Ham league cup semi).

Maybe they can come to an agreement with 75% of the snow, that they will only offer to clear 6% of that 75%. Then the other 25% will have to accept that only 6% of it will be cleared, even if they don't want to, and even if that 25% of the snow was really meant to be for the entire country's benefit, not just Dundee's.

They should probably pay their tax bills and sort out their debts, too.

Edited by PaleGreySky

Maybe they can come to an agreement with 75% of the snow, that they will only offer to clear 6% of that 75%. Then the other 25% will have to accept that only 6% of it will be cleared, even if they don't want to, and even if that 25% of the snow was really meant to be for the entire country's benefit, not just Dundee's.

What Dundee really need is a slush fund

It's bloody nonsense. They've got undersoil heating that is constantly on the blink or never on. Makes you wonder about the money situation at falkirk too. The 25 quid pie and beans robbery furthers my point. It beggars belief though, my wee brother was able to get an amateur game on on xmas eve and we got a game on over here on xmas day and it was minus 15 so how come these idiots at falkirk can't? Also, why do the police keep saying 'the areas around the grounds are too dangerous to get the games on?' People will have to walk on the snow and ice to go to work and the shops etc and manage fine. People don't just become bumbling idiots when they go to the football

Spot on do they tell the shops in town to close or the bars and clubs cause its been snowing???

On a tangent, I was just on the falkikr website, and they are advertising hospitality for tuesday.

A pie a beans supper with a pay bar and the price of the match not included - £25. Unbelievable.

I think you're being slightly harsh, if you read it properly you would see that it includes a cup of soup at half-time as well.

Spot on do they tell the shops in town to close or the bars and clubs cause its been snowing???

I said this to my dad a while back. It's ridiculous. They didn't cancel xmas cinema showings with 1500-2000 people coming and going from Cineworlds or Odeons across the country, did they? Also, it's not like people hear that the game has been cancelled, and so si in their house without going outside for the rest of that day. It's so patronising. We can look after ourselves, you just get the pitch playable. It's the people who sue for personal injury that cause this sort of situation and it's deplorable.