The Next 168 Hours

The Earl of Hathaway

By Saturday 22nd January we could be in the next round of the Scottish Cup with a bit of cash, and 6 points against Albion and Cowdenbeath giving us 22 (coincidental) points which would give us a wee bit of breathing space against the bottom teams. I don't think either of these targets is unreasonable considering the way we played on Tuesday - let's keep our decent run going, beat these teams and do the BUSINESS to set us up for the rest of the season. C'mon the JAGS! :thumbsup2:

By Saturday 22nd January we could be in the next round of the Scottish Cup with a bit of cash, and 6 points against Albion and Cowdenbeath giving us 22 (coincidental) points which would give us a wee bit of breathing space against the bottom teams. I don't think either of these targets is unreasonable considering the way we played on Tuesday - let's keep our decent run going, beat these teams and do the BUSINESS to set us up for the rest of the season. C'mon the JAGS! :thumbsup2:

Well said. Good man that man.

In many ways for me the cup is fairly meaningless - 6 points against relegation rivals are much more important - doesn't mean I don't want them to win on Tuesday but, for me, the Saturday League games are far more important.

Bit of a paradox. I'll have a far wider smile on my face if we win on Tuesday night than I will if we beat Stirling tomorrow. I'll be a more worried soldier if we get beat tomorrow than I would after a defeat on Tuesday.

A cup te at St Johnstone with 3500 people at it would bring us £26k, if everyone paid £15 on average. That's a £500 a week contract for a year. That is more meaningful to our league situation than one off 3 points.

Fair point but if we win the cup match and lose to both near rivals at the wrong end of the table then the nightmare scenario could be relegation -- albeit with £26,000 gained from a match at the atmospheric cauldron that is McDiarmid Stadium!!

I'm not saying I don't care about the Falkirk cup game nor the potential for a trip to Perth it's just that I think the future of the club might be better served by staying up.

Of course I'm not totally discounting us winning the cup - after all beat Falkirk, beat St. Johnstone and get the winners of E. Stirling/Buckie Thistle/Brechin and beat them and we're in the semi final - where we could get someone like Dunfermline and hey presto we're in the final!! ..............might be Peterhead or Ayr in the final - you never know! .........................actually that wont happen.

It is great to see a bit of optimistic chat on the forum, the recent results on the park have been encouraging and even though we only managed a draw on Tuesday, it was still some of the best football we have played all season.

With Dundee sitting on a dismal 7pts the next two games against Albion and Cowdenbeath could ultimately keep us in the Division, a tad early to guarantee this, but still would leave us in the top half of the table.

I hope to see at least one signing before the January transfer market, but hopefully with Buchanan's goal on Tuesday it sparks a bit of confidence.

I think we can beat Falkirk on Tuesday, and with St.Johnstone in the next round, I dont see any reason we can't advance to the 3/4 Final.

C'mon THE MIGHTY RED N' YELLOW ARMY!

I was worried about the rain and read in the E Times that the Warriors are playing tomorrow? If true then the pitch would be wrecked for Tuesday, assuming any games go ahead.

I don't think there's any reason to worry about the pitch. It's been in remarkably good condition all season even with the egg-chasers playing on it, even sometimes on the day before our game. I don't know what they did to it over the close season, but it's in really good nick, a lot better than even our southside cousins at Ibrox. (Mind you, I remember the seventies when pitches looked like re-runs of the Somme by this stage of the season and everybody just got on with it!)

It's pouring in Glasgow this morning but there's a bit of a wind which'll help take the worst excesses off the pitch. Game should be okay. Hope to God it is 'cos I've only seen the Jags twice since the end of October! (And only one goal in those two games, so come on, guys... gies a break... and a Liam hat-trick!)

I was worried about the rain and read in the E Times that the Warriors are playing tomorrow? If true then the pitch would be wrecked for Tuesday, assuming any games go ahead.

That'll annoy Mr Pressley of Peter Perfect Passing Football Club. I hope the joint's a quagmire by Tuesday night. Not that you'd notice his tan brogues.