Tonight's Team

Mr Bunny

Scott Fox

Paul Paton John Robertson Alan Archibald Patrick Boyle

Bryan Hodge Ryan McGowan David Rowson Iain Flannigan

Kris Doolan Martin Grehan

Subs: Graeme Shepherd Paul Cairney Simon Donnelly Chris Erskine Willie Kinniburgh/Conrad Balatoni

Can't see much change unless MacGowan goes to the bench but I think we'll see much the same team as played v. Cowden

Scott Fox

Paul Paton John Robertson Alan Archibald Patrick Boyle

Bryan Hodge Ryan McGowan David Rowson Iain Flannigan

Kris Doolan Martin Grehan

Subs: Graeme Shepherd Paul Cairney Simon Donnelly Chris Erskine Willie Kinniburgh/Conrad Balatoni

Can't see much change unless MacGowan goes to the bench but I think we'll see much the same team as played v. Cowden

I would bring in Kinniburgh for Paton and play Robertson at right-back. I would also have Fraser on the bench instead of Donnelly.

I wasn't at Cowdenbeath so can't comment on how he did there but I've been impressed with Hodge recently so would put him in instead of McGowan.

I've tried to forget about Central Pk but I don't think Hodge was playing any worse than anyone else in the first half. I thought tho' bringing Cairney on was more to do with the conditions. The McGowan fella was ok given he'd just arrived that day. McG being a bit more versatile than Hodge (McGowan can obviously defend and his height could come in handy) might well get the nod, Cappielow's quite a tight pitch so his throw ins could be helpful. Both might start but I'm far from sure if the Hearts lad is best out on the wing.

I've tried to forget about Central Pk but I don't think Hodge was playing any worse than anyone else in the first half. I thought tho' bringing Cairney on was more to do with the conditions. The McGowan fella was ok given he'd just arrived that day. McG being a bit more versatile than Hodge (McGowan can obviously defend and his height could come in handy) might well get the nod, Cappielow's quite a tight pitch so his throw ins could be helpful. Both might start but I'm far from sure if the Hearts lad is best out on the wing.

Depends whether the manager thinks a solid four across the middle is best against Morton or whether he thinks we should have a real go by playing a four with two wingers.

In the first case then you could easily play Hodge wide left (or Cairney wide right).

In the second case you could play Erskine and Flannigan.

A third case is in-between, with say Flannigan on one wing and Hodge/Cairney on the other side.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I don't think Erskine will start, the pitch is too tight. I would also play Robbo at RB ahead of Paton, but don't see it happening.

...............................Fox

Robertson.....Kinniburgh.....Archibald.....Boyle

McGowan/Paton.....Rowson.....Hodge.....Flannigan

...................Grehan.....Doolan

Subs:

Shepherd

McGowan/Paton

Cairney

Erskine

Fraser