Away Colours

sigesige00

I think that PTFC's away colours should be all-white (FP) and all-red (GK).

Goalkeeper must be all-red, because there is a research result that when GK is red the percentage of PK failure is considerably high.

Unfortunately all-red GK is impossible since our home colours are red and yellow, but away GK must be all-red.

Goalkeeper must be all-red, because there is a research result that when GK is red the percentage of PK failure is considerably high.

Unfortunately all-red GK is impossible since our home colours are red and yellow, but away GK must be all-red.

Absolutely. :thumbsup2:

I think the club would love to hear some of this analysis. Don't just keep it to yourself.

Super!

For anybody interested in the academic side of this kind of thing, check this out:

http://www.dur.ac.uk/r.a.hill/Attrill_et_al_2008.pdf

Interestingly, the advantage to wearing predominantly red seems only to work for home matches.

And clearly there are exceptions to the overall pattern. For example the Red Lichties aren't exactly unbeatable at the Stadium of Licht.

I'm not aware of any research showing that red-clad goalkeepers have a higher success rate of stopping penalties (or of penalty-takers missing against them).

Edited by Jaggernaut

I think the club would love to hear some of this analysis. Don't just keep it to yourself.

Indeed. David Beattie wants to hear from our Ruchill Japanese friend, minimum 10 ideas a day please. His email address is [email protected]

I am a traditionalist and would prefer the second strip to be a variation on the centenary strip.

Definitely. No more pink or horrific camouflage efforts. Yes, be creative and think slightly out the box by all means, BUT keep second strips within the traditions of PTFC colours and history.

I've heard that the home strip will be the same design as the 71' top, to celebrate 40 years.

No idea about the away top although the Spall white away kit from 1991-93 was one of the best away strips we've ever had. The yellow/red strip through the bomber badge is superb.

DH Morris away kit, red and yellow diagonal stripe comes a close second.

I've heard that the home strip will be the same design as the 71' top, to celebrate 40 years.

No idea about the away top although the Spall white away kit from 1991-93 was one of the best away strips we've ever had. The yellow/red strip through the bomber badge is superb.

DH Morris away kit, red and yellow diagonal stripe comes a close second.

Was watching the 71 game the other day and was thinking that a plain yellow strip with round red collar would be a big hit.

As for the away colours, it's navy blue or white for me.

Was watching the 71 game the other day and was thinking that a plain yellow strip with round red collar would be a big hit.

As for the away colours, it's navy blue or white for me.

There are already quite a lot of guys who wear that strip to matches, either bought from Toffs or Greaves. So a re-run of them might not sell as many as a newer design. Something would need to be tweaked (well, the badge would be different, I guess). Presumably a "new" version wouldn't be cotton, for a start.

There are already quite a lot of guys who wear that strip to matches, either bought from Toffs or Greaves. So a re-run of them might not sell as many as a newer design. Something would need to be tweaked (well, the badge would be different, I guess). Presumably a "new" version wouldn't be cotton, for a start.

Yeah, I was meaning a modern day version of the '71 design.

Interestingly, the advantage to wearing predominantly red seems only to work for home matches.

And clearly there are exceptions to the overall pattern. For example the Red Lichties aren't exactly unbeatable at the Stadium of Licht.

I'm not aware of any research showing that red-clad goalkeepers have a higher success rate of stopping penalties (or of penalty-takers missing against them).

However, the Red Lichties play in maroon - the nickname comes from the harbour lights.