The Jagscast Proudly Presents...

jagscast

Cowie stuck this link in amongst another thread, but it really is deserving of a thread on its own:

Clicky

A massive thank you to ian_mac, who conducted the interview; northernsoul, for helping us out; and Alan Dickson, for sharing his memories.

A brilliant listen.

Agreed. A phenomenal memory, and some great insights and stories. Still listening to it now!

Agreed. A phenomenal memory, and some great insights and stories. Still listening to it now!

Thanks Lads.

Having heard so many of Alan's stories over the last few years I thought it was essential that someone got his memories down on tape. I can honestly say that one of the main reasons I still go to Firhill (there are not many) is so I can get a chat with Alan in the Star afterwards. There have been times when I've been ready to chuck Thistle all together but every time Alan has persuaded me otherwise.

I think guys like Alan who have served the club so loyally over the years should be recognised formally by the club in some way. This guy has only missed 5 home games since 1960. He was a former bus convener and still travels to just about every game wherever it is.

I would think that there is at least 4 or 5 other guys who have been following Thistle as long as Alan. What a great occasion it would be if we could get them all together for an evening to share their memories. A SUPPORTERS HALL OF FAME. Could be an excellent fundraiser.

Thanks Lads.

Having heard so many of Alan's stories over the last few years I thought it was essential that someone got his memories down on tape. I can honestly say that one of the main reasons I still go to Firhill (there are not many) is so I can get a chat with Alan in the Star afterwards. There have been times when I've been ready to chuck Thistle all together but every time Alan has persuaded me otherwise.

I think guys like Alan who have served the club so loyally over the years should be recognised formally by the club in some way. This guy has only missed 5 home games since 1960. He was a former bus convener and still travels to just about every game wherever it is.

I would think that there is at least 4 or 5 other guys who have been following Thistle as long as Alan. What a great occasion it would be if we could get them all together for an evening to share their memories. A SUPPORTERS HALL OF FAME. Could be an excellent fundraiser.

Superb idea.

I agree a brilliant idea!

Then we could produce a book, on the fans memories of PTFC, sort of along the lines of Nick Hornsby's My Favourite Year. I would buy a copy infact I would buy loads of copies and send them to folk as birthday and Christmas presents!

While we are on the subject of money raisers, I would like to see the T-Shirt with all the news headlines from 1971 LC final re-issued! I think they came out from the fanzine When Saturday Comes and were eventually picked up by the club.Mine is getting too small, think it must have shrunk in the wash!

But on the original idea posted here, excellemt idea! I hope Mr Beattie reads these comments!

Thanks Lads.

Was thinking a bit more about this. It wouldn't even have to be a Hall of Fame event, but an evening of reminiscences, where a few old-timers could be introduced and then asked questions from the audience, panel-style. Informal, but with food and drink on the go might be a better way to do it. Just a suggestion.

I suggested this a while back (not on here) as a Trust inititive. You could have a mix of honouring fans, players that maybe the official hall of fame will miss, Club servants like Molly and Robert R. The Shed, The main Stand (Keiron will organise that one :lol: ) Stick them on the Aitken Suite walls for all to see. Money made can go to the youth teams or charity or Supporters buses (since times are getting harder). Cleverer people than me on here can come up with better ideas no doubt.

Thanks Lads.

Spot on mate!

he is a top top man..total gentleman...must try and see him before the end of the season..he was great on that grasping the thistle as well!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole jagscast....the interview was excellent. It brought back a lot of memories for me especially my first season at Firhill '62 -'63...my first game was vs Hearts on September 22nd 1962 when we were beaten 4-3...despite losing I was hooked by the atmosphere surrounding our club that comes across so well in the interview with Alan. It made me remember why I do and will always follow Thistle. Thanks lads!