Next Season's Kit

RodMcDonaldJag

Noticed in another thread, someone hinted at a change of home strip next season. Anyone shed any light on this? I thought the current home kit would be staying in place for next season....

The ignis sponsorship deal is ending so unless that's renewed they'll need a new set anyway. Suppose might as well take-up marketing opportunity for a new one there and then.

Rumour is, the 2011/12 top will be in the style of that worn on that glorious day in 1971, as it will be the 40 year anniversary.

How true it is, i can't say, but have heard this rumour from a number of different folk.

Hope not i think that`s a horrible strip we should be in stripes or hoops it`s too much like an Albion Rovers kit.

The ignis sponsorship deal is ending so unless that's renewed they'll need a new set anyway. Suppose might as well take-up marketing opportunity for a new one there and then.

Hmm, let's hope that the club can persuade a company or two to plough in the cash, as in the current economic climate there is probably less money available for this kind of thing.

Or is there...?

• Members

Hmm, let's hope that the club can persuade a company or two to plough in the cash, as in the current economic climate there is probably less money available for this kind of thing.

Or is there...?

The Club has already got a new shirt sponsor Jaggernaut. That's what the £50k brought in by Billy Allan was for I believe.

The Club has already got a new shirt sponsor Jaggernaut. That's what the £50k brought in by Billy Allan was for I believe.

Would this not mean we have effectively taken £50k from next seasons budget to plug this seasons funding gap? Short term solutions to long term problems still the order of the day down Firhill way then?

Nae spoansers oan eh taps ta

Would be nice

Would this not mean we have effectively taken £50k from next seasons budget to plug this seasons funding gap? Short term solutions to long term problems still the order of the day down Firhill way then?

Wouldn't surprise me if true. Just another in long line of BS from boardroom.

I know it's not everyone's bag but we really need to look to get more sponsorship on the kit rather than having one sole sponsor. The more money we can bring in through any avenue has to be looked at and if it means having a seperate sponsor on the shorts and one on the back of the shirt then we have to do it.

• Members

I know it's not everyone's bag but we really need to look to get more sponsorship on the kit rather than having one sole sponsor. The more money we can bring in through any avenue has to be looked at and if it means having a seperate sponsor on the shorts and one on the back of the shirt then we have to do it.

A former Director told me we had suchlike lined up a couple of years ago only for the credit crunch to hit and the potential sponsor dropping the idea.

A former Director told me we had suchlike lined up a couple of years ago only for the credit crunch to hit and the potential sponsor dropping the idea.

It all depends on whether we have an exclusive deal with a new shirt sponsor or not but we should consider raffling off the sponsorship of the shorts, back of the shirts and away kit sponsorship like other clubs do.

It all depends on whether we have an exclusive deal with a new shirt sponsor or not but we should consider raffling off the sponsorship of the shorts, back of the shirts and away kit sponsorship like other clubs do.

You mean like a Gerber, Lander & Gee sponsored jock strap :o

And end up with something like THIS? Jeez! I feckin hope not!