Play Off Spot

stevie inglis

We are closer to 4th spot than we are to the play off spot so lets be positive and do what we can to help achieve as high a placing as possible - starting with a large support against QoS on the 2nd of April please.

FT I have a season ticket and I don't think I'll be back this season. The club is absolutely rotten to the core. It's a miserable place to watch football and it gets worse every time I go there.

Saturday was quite simply an abysmal experience.

FT I have a season ticket and I don't think I'll be back this season. The club is absolutely rotten to the core. It's a miserable place to watch football and it gets worse every time I go there.

Saturday was quite simply an abysmal experience.

and? is that not the whole point in supporting thistle that you take the bad with the good and yes i know there is sometimes more bad than good :rolleyes:

Guest fredthecheesecloth

We are closer to 4th spot than we are to the play off spot so lets be positive and do what we can to help achieve as high a placing as possible - starting with a large support against QoS on the 2nd of April please.

How about a large support at the NEXT game you tedious little man.

How about a large support at the NEXT game you tedious little man.

I wish our Club had more ‘tedious’ people like FT.

People who, without drawing attention to themselves, simply graft away wanting nothing in return other than a successful football team.

For me that beats the hell out of bumping your gums on the internet.

I admire FTs enthusiasm, but sadly, speaking for myself, I'm finding it really hard to take any positives from the Thistle matchday experience and the long term future of the club just now.

Might go tonight though, always liked Forthbank for a lego ground...

Its next season I fear for us though. Livingston will be a much much stronger outfit than Stirling.

Edited by MWM

I admire FTs enthusiasm, but sadly, speaking for myself, I'm finding it really hard to take any positives from the Thistle matchday experience and the long term future of the club just now.

Might go tonight though, always liked Forthbank for a lego ground...

Its next season I fear for us though. Livingston will be a much much stronger outfit than Stirling.

A very valid point, though I still do not expect us to start off so badly next season with Fox in goals instead of Halliwell.

Main target for us during summer is to get a decent striker in but as we both know this requires money that the club never has.

A very valid point, though I still do not expect us to start off so badly next season with Fox in goals instead of Halliwell.

Main target for us during summer is to get a decent striker in but as we both know this requires money that the club never has.

There must be a range between decent striker (as I think you mean it) and no striker to back up Doolan (which is what we have at the moment. I'm sure we'll get somebody who'll be good for maybe double figures even if not the type to set us on a title-chasing season.

And Grehan may have a goal spree next season too ... :P:):P

I wish our Club had more ‘tedious’ people like FT.

People who, without drawing attention to themselves, simply graft away wanting nothing in return other than a successful football team.

For me that beats the hell out of bumping your gums on the internet.

I absolutely admire FT, and yourself Tom.

But how long can guys like you two keep on grafting for the club when the place is in such a mess?

I was there through Save The Jags, I was there through the successive management teams of Collins, D&G and Campbell.

However, there's something different about what's going on just now. Results on the park are not THAT bad. The team have done pretty well considering the circumstances and look certain to survive. But still, the place is worse than I ever remember it on match days. I think the game as we know it in this country is dying. I think that about 10-15 clubs will cease to exist within the next 5-10 years and I really do think we will be one of them if we don't do something drastic NOW.

Getting Tom Hughes to give back his shares would be a start.

I absolutely admire FT, and yourself Tom.

But how long can guys like you two keep on grafting for the club when the place is in such a mess?

I was there through Save The Jags, I was there through the successive management teams of Collins, D&G and Campbell.

However, there's something different about what's going on just now. Results on the park are not THAT bad. The team have done pretty well considering the circumstances and look certain to survive. But still, the place is worse than I ever remember it on match days. I think the game as we know it in this country is dying. I think that about 10-15 clubs will cease to exist within the next 5-10 years and I really do think we will be one of them if we don't do something drastic NOW.

Getting Tom Hughes to give back his shares would be a start.

Sadly I think you have a point. I was unable to make the Cowdenbeath game, last minute, as I was helping a friend (lapsed Jags fan actually) do some major lifting and moving, but the crowds across the country are very worrying, not least in our "top" league. I heard that St Johnstone are only getting around 3 thousand for their games. In fact I just checked and it's true. 2nd season up and that's the turnout they're getting.

It really is dying across the board and Neil Doncaster is not going to make any difference. Many people, like my friend, are just chucking it and finding more interesting things to do on a Saturday. Some good points were made by Tam Cowan at the weekend. He suggested that some folk used to go to random games to get a fitba fiox but now they can watch umpteen games through the week in comfort, the likes of Barca etc, and out game just doesn't measure up.

The Premiership has it's winter coming but we're getting it now and we don't have the cover they have. Dark days for our game and I see no sign of better days.

I'm still for going along every other week, but it's not looking good.