Pttv: Falkirk Highlights

fritzy

That's cheered me up a bit after last night.

It might be slightly unrealistic to expect too much from them next season but the Erskine-Doolan-Grehan trio look like they could develop into a very good combination, At our level and our financial situation we're unlikely to unearth some fearsome 25 league goal striker so hopefully that trio could go someway to making up for the absence of a top notch goalscorer. Meantime I hope all those who slate Grehan every game at Firhill will have watched these highlights and will cut the fella a bit of slack. Maybe start counting the assists and not the lack of goals. Perhaps with a bit of composure brought on from more confidence he'll chip in with a few goals as well.

Can't say I thought it at the time but, when we were two up in the first half, Cairney looks like he should have passed to Campbell instead of shooting. Maybe JC had come from an offside position :unsure: but if not it certainly looks the better option.

Even last night Grehan worked hard, though it wasn't really happening for him. However I did notice that he can't get past anybody from a standing start; he needs to be moving already when he gets the ball if he's going to get past somebody.

Looking at those highlights, Falkirk could have scored a couple before they did get one back. I for one was happy that the match ended when it did.

I think the ref gave it for the tussle before hand but there does not appear to be much in that.

It was Campbell that was penalised.

Annoying to be wrong footed by a quick free kick. It was about the fourth or fifth they had taken quickly but we still weren't prepared for it. Noticed on Tuesday night we weren't so careless with that at least.