Real Madrid.

phoenix1876

Personally I am quite pleased that Barcelona lost the game, sick of them being fawned over by countless Barcelona "fans" here.

No-one mentions that they simply cannot be financially stable, successful or not.

However, although I am satisfied that Madrid won this time, I would rather both would implode, along with the rest of Europe's big spenders.

Couple of anti madrid comments, can i be enlightened as to why people dislike them? just curious

Personally, not keen on either their determination to buy success through over the top purchases (Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Kaka, Christiano Ronaldo etc) rather than any attempt to bring through significant numbers of their own players. For the same reason I resent most of the top teams in the EPL. When Florentino Pérez took over as chairman he said he wanted to turn their stadium into a footballing DisneyLand... On the footballing side I just think they're the archetypal "modern football" team and that isn't something I'm keen on. More concerned with promoting their "brand" than their fans or football.

Off the park, their connection to Franco and the extreme right views of Ultras Sur (friends with the Ultras of Nazio in Italy after all) and other fans make me despise them all the more.

Couple of anti madrid comments, can i be enlightened as to why people dislike them? just curious

I'm not anti Real Madrid as such. Don't like jose, Can't stand Ronaldo (as a person but do accept he's a very good player).Pepe is just scum (you see the incident that led to his 8 or 9 game ban you'll understand why). I watch la Liga on sky and I have taking a liking to Barcelona. This has been since they first won the champ Lge at Wembley. Hope one day to go and take in a game at the camp neu. Last night felt Real were more intent to boot Barca off the park and in the end it worked. Guess Real winning makes the Champ Lge semi even more interesting now.

Personally, not keen on either their determination to buy success through over the top purchases (Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Kaka, Christiano Ronaldo etc) rather than any attempt to bring through significant numbers of their own players. For the same reason I resent most of the top teams in the EPL. When Florentino Pérez took over as chairman he said he wanted to turn their stadium into a footballing DisneyLand... On the footballing side I just think they're the archetypal "modern football" team and that isn't something I'm keen on. More concerned with promoting their "brand" than their fans or football.

Off the park, their connection to Franco and the extreme right views of Ultras Sur (friends with the Ultras of Nazio in Italy after all) and other fans make me despise them all the more.

while I agree that this can be said of Real Madrid, Barcelona have brought through a number of youngsters. Are Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Puyol, Valdez, Messi, Busquets not a product of their youth set up. Guardiola was a mascot, ball boy, player, captain and then manager of the team reserves for a season before he got to take over the main team. Has there ever been such a success story? Promoting from within a club can work.....hey bet we'd all love just a slice of that type of success for Jackie. Say promotion and a cup run with a team built round the youth structure?

while I agree that this can be said of Real Madrid, Barcelona have brought through a number of youngsters. Are Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Puyol, Valdez, Messi, Busquets not a product of their youth set up. Guardiola was a mascot, ball boy, player, captain and then manager of the team reserves for a season before he got to take over the main team. Has there ever been such a success story? Promoting from within a club can work.....hey bet we'd all love just a slice of that type of success for Jackie. Say promotion and a cup run with a team built round the youth structure?

That's my point in a nutshell. Two of the most successful (and well paid teams) and Real Madrid had two players (Casillas and Granero if I'm right) from their youth set up involved in that game, Barcelona have almost an entire first 11 in the squad from that set up. Real Madrid have always been about instant gratification and success rather than letting things grow like Barcelona have.

Would outright love to see a team built around the youth structure doing well under Jackie at Firhill. We can but dream eh? :P

I'm not anti Real Madrid as such. Don't like jose, Can't stand Ronaldo (as a person but do accept he's a very good player).Pepe is just scum (you see the incident that led to his 8 or 9 game ban you'll understand why). I watch la Liga on sky and I have taking a liking to Barcelona. This has been since they first won the champ Lge at Wembley. Hope one day to go and take in a game at the camp neu. Last night felt Real were more intent to boot Barca off the park and in the end it worked. Guess Real winning makes the Champ Lge semi even more interesting now.

Cheers :thumbsup2: , I like Mourinho and preffered them to win for that reason alone, but didn't know of connections to right wing facists etc etc :o , I'll have a look for the pepe red card on youtube

For much the same reason people tend not to like Rangers, Chelsea, Lazio, Betar Jerusalem ... a lunatic fringe, right wing support and a sense of entitlement about them that gives any sane person the dry boak.

That's my point in a nutshell. Two of the most successful (and well paid teams) and Real Madrid had two players (Casillas and Granero if I'm right) from their youth set up involved in that game, Barcelona have almost an entire first 11 in the squad from that set up. Real Madrid have always been about instant gratification and success rather than letting things grow like Barcelona have.

Would outright love to see a team built around the youth structure doing well under Jackie at Firhill. We can but dream eh? :P

Barcelona have bought a lot of top players over the years too. They bought Alves, Abidal, Pique, Mascherano, Maxwell, Afellay, Keita and Villa - a substantial number of their current first choice players.

Barcelona have bought a lot of top players over the years too. They bought Alves, Abidal, Pique, Mascherano, Maxwell, Afellay, Keita and Villa - a substantial number of their current first choice players.

pique was brought through their youth. Sold to man utd with a buy back clause i think

pique was brought through their youth. Sold to man utd with a buy back clause i think

Pique was poached by Man Utd - his first professional contract - and Barca were livid. He only made around 12 first-team appearances in 4 years before Barca paid about £5 million for him. I always thought that Pique was unlucky not to get more games at Old Trafford. He scored a good goal in the Champions League. Ferguson sold him too quickly and too cheaply. He paid £7 million for Smalling, a Fulham reserve! Pique would have been a great partner for Vidic.