Warriors Playing Tonight

Fawlty Towers

Yes and they are second bottom of their league but still got 3,873 on a Friday evening! It will be interesting to see the crowd we get on a Saturday when we have a new manager and the opportunity to go fourth with a victory.

Indeed, but Morton are awful, and following on from recent trends, I wouldn't expect us to get over 2,000.

Edited to add: I bet if the Warriors played at Firhill every fortnight then their crowds wouldn't stay at that level. I still maintain that even in our small leagues every team should play each other only twice. That would make each game more of an occasion, well worth double the admission price!

Edited by Jaggernaut

Just seen this thread.

Just to clear something up - the 3,870 crowd on friday is no reflection on how our crowds are holding up. We only had 1,500 for the visit of Treviso last month, and that was with a large group of Italians (granted, Thistle's crowds would also be pretty shit if all your players were playing for Scotland the next day, but still)

Think friday was actually our second best sttendance of the season (after the Edinburgh game), and can almost entirely be put down to the fact that several key players who have been great servants of the club were playing their last game - and so people wanted to both say goodbye, and also make a point to the SRU about what these players meant to them. (of the 6 that are leaving, 1 is going for family reasons - which you have to respect - and the other 5 wanted to stay but were not offered a contract. 1 of them is even a 25 yo who has been our best player recently, and is leaving without a club to go to!)

Crowds are going to plumet from now on until Gordon McKie (SRU CEO) is finally ousted from his post and the SRU start taking professional rugby seriously.

Just seen this thread.

Just to clear something up - the 3,870 crowd on friday is no reflection on how our crowds are holding up. We only had 1,500 for the visit of Treviso last month, and that was with a large group of Italians (granted, Thistle's crowds would also be pretty shit if all your players were playing for Scotland the next day, but still)

Think friday was actually our second best sttendance of the season (after the Edinburgh game), and can almost entirely be put down to the fact that several key players who have been great servants of the club were playing their last game - and so people wanted to both say goodbye, and also make a point to the SRU about what these players meant to them. (of the 6 that are leaving, 1 is going for family reasons - which you have to respect - and the other 5 wanted to stay but were not offered a contract. 1 of them is even a 25 yo who has been our best player recently, and is leaving without a club to go to!)

Crowds are going to plumet from now on until Gordon McKie (SRU CEO) is finally ousted from his post and the SRU start taking professional rugby seriously.

Shames me to say it but I don't think Scotland would draw a large crowd if all our players were involved. :D