Halftime Draw Tickets

Fawlty Towers

Price of Tickets  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently buy haltime draw tickets

• Yes, every game
    • Yes, some games
    • No
  2. 2. If tickets were £1 each would you...

• Spend the same amount
    • Spend more
    • Spend less
  3. 3. What would you prefer to see as 2nd prize

• Cash
    • Hospitality places
    • Greaves vouchers

Following on from the discussion in the Matchday Programme thread I have put together a short poll to gauge opinion on thehalftime draw and any potential changes. If you have any comments that you want to put in such as why you don't purchase tickets (if that is the case) or a suggestion on the prizes, etc please post them as well.

Thanks for taking part :thumbsup2:

The 2nd prize should be a mixture of the 3 mentioned, possibly changing every month?

I ticked cash as that gives the option of selling the half time tickets externally.

Perhaps another option would be to do away with the 2nd prize and have a rollover prize. Not sure how the mechanics of that would work but imo it would increase sales no end.

At this exact moment I've just seen on the telly Charlton Heston parting the Red Sea, so anything's possible. :thumbsup2:

I ticked cash as that gives the option of selling the half time tickets externally.

Perhaps another option would be to do away with the 2nd prize and have a rollover prize. Not sure how the mechanics of that would work but imo it would increase sales no end.

At this exact moment I've just seen on the telly Charlton Heston parting the Red Sea, so anything's possible. :thumbsup2:

Something like a twice-per-season super-draw might be interesting. In addition to the top cash prize, select 5 or 10 tickets from every match and put them into a bumper draw. That would help keep the interest going for those of us who win f*ck all anyway.

Only way I could see this working is to leave tickets out of the draw, which would be unfair & may be seen to be 'fixed'.

A rollover certainly would sell more tickets if the prize increased, but think that would have to be a lottery idea that ran seperate to the HT draw & Centenary fund.

This thread is starting to overlap with the "fund generating" one at the top of the page, but it's clear that other similar-sized clubs have what appears to be valuable additional channels in addition to their matchday 50-50 draws. The ones that immediately spring to mind are the Raith Rovers pay-as-we-score scheme (don't think there's any prize involved, just donations), and the one that looks interesting to me, the Dunfermline weekly online lotto, with very decent prize money:

http://www.parslotto.com/

Only way I could see this working is to leave tickets out of the draw, which would be unfair & may be seen to be 'fixed'.

A rollover certainly would sell more tickets if the prize increased, but think that would have to be a lottery idea that ran seperate to the HT draw & Centenary fund.

No need to leave any tickets out. 1st ticket drawn wins that week's cash prize. 2nd ticket receives no prize, but gets kept for a later prize draw comprising only all the 2nd tickets.

No need to leave any tickets out. 1st ticket drawn wins that week's cash prize. 2nd ticket receives no prize, but gets kept for a later prize draw comprising only all the 2nd tickets.

That wouldn't be a bad incentive but a rollover would create more interest in the following 50/50 and so on. Perhaps that's not possible for legal reasons and anyway as I say I'm not sure how the mechanics could work.

Martin, did you consider the idea I put to you a couple of months back about generating bigger prize funds or for a potential "Super Draw" using Easyfundraising?

Hi Will, apologies for not keeping you informed!

I think that the idea you came up with is something that can work and because there would not be much for the club to do I don't think that it will present any problems but I do need to speak to the club about it so everyone knows what is planned.