Tranmere Rovers

kni

Akins is one of the worst football players I have ever seen in a Thistle jersey. He honestly sometimes had the look of a man who did not know what sport he was supposed to be playing.

McChrystal was baws, but if he had stuck to the basics he could have been a better player. Morrow I didn't see enough of to make a judgement, remember him in a home league game to St Johnstone we beat them 2-0 he played quite well. He was on loan and quite clearly couldn't be arsed.

Akins is one of the worst football players I have ever seen in a Thistle jersey. He honestly sometimes had the look of a man who did not know what sport he was supposed to be playing.

McChrystal was baws, but if he had stuck to the basics he could have been a better player. Morrow I didn't see enough of to make a judgement, remember him in a home league game to St Johnstone we beat them 2-0 he played quite well. He was on loan and quite clearly couldn't be arsed.

Morrow was also baws.

League One is a higher standard than the First Division. Their relative "success" at Tranmere suggests that our management team did not get the best out of them, either through coaching or motivation.

League One is a higher standard than the First Division. Their relative "success" at Tranmere suggests that our management team did not get the best out of them, either through coaching or motivation.

I see and hear many people make that kind of comparison. But apart from bigger crowds and hence more money swishing around, I really do wonder whether there's much of a difference, in view of at least some of the players playing there.

I see and hear many people make that kind of comparison. But apart from bigger crowds and hence more money swishing around, I really do wonder whether there's much of a difference, in view of at least some of the players playing there.

Whenever you watch the football league show, there does seem to be better goals, though that could just be down to the volume of matches. The physique of the players in League 1 is also far greater, you have taller and leaner players from what I've seen, though I admittedly don't watch it too often.

Hamilton Accies couldn't make a player out of Akins that's why they stuck him out on loan. Accies that is that had McCarthy, McArthur & Easton on their books around that time so I'd suggest they would have got as much out of Akins as any club at the time.

Had we a larger budget McCrystal (who I'm sure is left sided) could have stayed as cover for Archie. Morrow iirc didn't look like he wanted to be at Firhill never mind being coached and motivated.

If you want to dig up players that we've had that have gone on to bigger or better things I would be more inclined to highlight our league's joint top scorer.