Wearethistle.co.uk Fundraising

Col

I think THIS may be just a wee bit out our reach but here goes anyway.

We raise the £750 in two stages. Firstly a raffle amongst posters on here to raise circa £510 (units of £10 a pop). Prizes are 8x hospitality at a knocked down price of £30, which raises the rest of the cash .

If we were to win the "shirt naming etc" we could raise considerably more cash by selling it on.

Might just be a bit ambitious getting the 51 x £10 raised on here :unsure: .

We raise the £750 in two stages. Firstly a raffle amongst posters on here to raise circa £510 (units of £10 a pop). Prizes are 8x hospitality at a knocked down price of £30, which raises the rest of the cash .

If we were to win the "shirt naming etc" we could raise considerably more cash by selling it on.

Good idea, i would be up for it

Worth a punt go. Count me in.

I think we might struggle to achieve that but hopefully the forum will be able to sponsor a player's top and boots again this season.

• 4 months later...

I got an android phone a couple of months back and noticed no thistle apps. Even the gypos had some apps!

I created a basic android app for Thistle which gives quick access to the BBC sites for Thistle results, news etc.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dlss&feature=search_result

I could make a paid version with more functionality and all the money raised going to the fundraising.

My thinking was a mobile web page version of this site or a mobile web page with Thistle news, which would only be available via the app? Could anybody create these pages and I could add them to the app?

I am open to any other suggestions.

Cheers,

Davie

Edited by fistle

• Administrators

I got an android phone a couple of months back and noticed no thistle apps. Even the gypos had some apps!

I created a basic android app for Thistle which gives quick access to the BBC sites for Thistle results, news etc.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dlss&feature=search_result

I could make a paid version with more functionality and all the money raised going to the fundraising.

My thinking was a mobile web page version of this site or a mobile web page with Thistle news, which would only be available via the app? Could anybody create these pages and I could add them to the app?

I am open to any other suggestions.

Cheers,

Davie

Hello Davie,

We actually already have the mobile site version of this site available here: http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/public/mobile.html

...and we are due to upgrade software soon, which will give us an even better mobile site.

We also have a live news app hosted here: http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/livenews/

...we have suggested this to someone at the club and are hoping to release an official PTFC app soon as well as an unoffical wearethistle app - just taking time because there is only 2 of us.

If you want to get involved in any of this stuff - please just let us know. Otherwise good luck with the app.

Cheers