Oh We Do Like To Be The Seaside

The hoor will be 36 this year. But he's still banging them in and is their club captain, so I reckon he'll be playing on for them next season.

We very astutely jettisoned Sir Mark when he was in between scoring bursts. Glad we binned him when he only had a few hunner goals left in him. A well-judged piece of business, and I haven't missed his class, his performances and crucial goals one wee bit. Fortunate, I suppose, that we've been heavily blessed in the prolific scorer department since then.

We very astutely jettisoned Sir Mark when he was in between scoring bursts. Glad we binned him when he only had a few hunner goals left in him. A well-judged piece of business, and I haven't missed his class, his performances and crucial goals one wee bit. Fortunate, I suppose, that we've been heavily blessed in the prolific scorer department since then.

Now I might be wrong, but might there be a hint therein of irony, sarcasm, or cynicism?

I've always struggled to differentiate them, but I can usually whiff one of them.

The hoor will be 36 this year. But he's still banging them in and is their club captain, so I reckon he'll be playing on for them next season.

27 goals this season.

Not bad for an old hoor who is supposedly over the hill and can't cut it.

Remove the tongue from your cheek BJ :confused1::crazy::wacko:

We should never have let him go, I believe he could have helped Doolan be even more prolific and assisted his advancement, both by playing alongside him in games and coaching him and other young attacking players on our books.

You never know what you've got until it's gone.

The irony as I see it was, while we were justified in releasing Roberts, a club with a little more finance would have been daft to let him go. Also if we had guys with genuine pace playing up front alongside Mark then we'd have been just as daft not to have kept him.

Off the park I don't know if Marko will make it as a coach but on the field I reckon forwards who've played alongside him will have learnt one helluva lot. Gotta strong feeling we won't be seeing Roberts play 1st Div football next season. I just wish we had more dosh to have him back on the books as some sort of player coach.

Oh come on. While Roberts was a fantastic servant and one of our better players in recent years, hes past it at first division level, and this is just misty eyed lunacy. He was past it the last time he was in this league, and while he still looks a clever player at a weaker level, hes got a scoring record vastly inflated by a huge amount of penalties. If Ayr stick with a guy like him up front again next season, they'll struggle for goals just like the last time they were in the first and they'll go straight back down.

The boy Moffat might be one to watch though. Scored quite a few goals despite only arriving from junior football in January.

Oh come on. While Roberts was a fantastic servant and one of our better players in recent years, hes past it at first division level, and this is just misty eyed lunacy. He was past it the last time he was in this league, and while he still looks a clever player at a weaker level, hes got a scoring record vastly inflated by a huge amount of penalties. If Ayr stick with a guy like him up front again next season, they'll struggle for goals just like the last time they were in the first and they'll go straight back down.

The boy Moffat might be one to watch though. Scored quite a few goals despite only arriving from junior football in January.

Who are you accusing of being misty eyed, MWM?

Btw looks like Moffat from Girvan can easily be the equal of Erskine or Doolan as a bargain from the Ayrshie Juniors. Quite ironic given Ayr have a much lauded youth/academy set up that the lad arrived on their doorstep outside of all that.

Shocked it's not been mentioned yet, but well done Stuart Bannigan on helping Ayr to promotion. Must be a great experience for the guy and I look forward to seeing him force his way into the Jags midfield next season.

He's I believe been used in left midfield but I think he looks better as a central midfielder. Maybe if Jackie plays the 4-3-3 Stuart will be played somewhere between those two positions. If he has indeed improved I don't believe the re-signing of Hodge (if still unattached) that much of a priority.

Similarly in a way MacBeth may get used out right but prefers a central role. I doubt Ryan will be able to force his way into the team to the same degree as Bannigan so imo re-signing Flannigan may be more of a priority than Hodge.

All posts which fall short of proposing the freedom of Maryhill for the legend and masterful doyen of the game that is the Hoor disappoint me with a vengeance.

Marko is indestructible and his star will never fade from true grace and greatness. We should, each and every one of us, construct a small shrine somewhere in our houses, flats or garages for the express purpose of gently but reverently paying private homage to the one who single-handedly saved us from the hellfire and damnation for which the evil bunnet had been brought to the Theatre of Drams to enact.

I thank my lucky stars that that the force of good triumphed over the dark, malevolent force which took us to the brink of oblivion, salvaging our collective soul only on the altar of the penalty spot in a bleak and blustery fishing haven not normally given to any form of salvation never mind salivation.

Almighty Lord Roberts: we salute thee and pray for the souls of those who are yet to recognise your timeless eminence.

Amen.

All posts which fall short of proposing the freedom of Maryhill for the legend and masterful doyen of the game that is the Hoor disappoint me with a vengeance.

Marko is indestructible and his star will never fade from true grace and greatness. We should, each and every one of us, construct a small shrine somewhere in our houses, flats or garages for the express purpose of gently but reverently paying private homage to the one who single-handedly saved us from the hellfire and damnation for which the evil bunnet had been brought to the Theatre of Drams to enact.

I thank my lucky stars that that the force of good triumphed over the dark, malevolent force which took us to the brink of oblivion, salvaging our collective soul only on the altar of the penalty spot in a bleak and blustery fishing haven not normally given to any form of salvation never mind salivation.

Almighty Lord Roberts: we salute thee and pray for the souls of those who are yet to recognise your timeless eminence.

Amen.

Seconded.

Actually, I've already got a shrine for the hoor in my hoose.

It's the kitchen.

Seconded.

Actually, I've already got a shrine for the hoor in my hoose.

It's the kitchen.

Ill pass on your sentiments to the great one.

Considering that Ayr United are Part timers the Hoor has continued to keep up his fitness levels by extensive training outside the boundries of the Ayr training camp and make no mistake he has shown his fellow team mates how football should be played.

For all the doubters out there that insist hes passed it for the First Division. I truly hope they are not eating humble pie come end of next season. I spoke with Stuart Brannigan few weeks ago and he tells me Marko has had a profound and positive influence on the whole team at Somerset. So beware!!

Ill pass on your sentiments to the great one.

Considering that Ayr United are Part timers the Hoor has continued to keep up his fitness levels by extensive training outside the boundries of the Ayr training camp and make no mistake he has shown his fellow team mates how football should be played.

For all the doubters out there that insist hes passed it for the First Division. I truly hope they are not eating humble pie come end of next season. I spoke with Stuart Brannigan few weeks ago and he tells me Marko has had a profound and positive influence on the whole team at Somerset. So beware!!

Not sure that you quite got the message behind my post, but I'm used to getting misinterpreted. No mistake, I'd love hoorface to be playing next season.

And good to have you guys back.

Amen.

Post of the decade.

ALLEZ!!!!

He's I believe been used in left midfield but I think he looks better as a central midfielder. Maybe if Jackie plays the 4-3-3 Stuart will be played somewhere between those two positions. If he has indeed improved I don't believe the re-signing of Hodge (if still unattached) that much of a priority.

Similarly in a way MacBeth may get used out right but prefers a central role. I doubt Ryan will be able to force his way into the team to the same degree as Bannigan so imo re-signing Flannigan may be more of a priority than Hodge.

If we're playing a 4-3-3 next year would Rowson, Cairney, Erskine, MacBeth, Campbell and Bannigan (and potentially Lochhead going on his appearances over the last few weeks of the season) be enough strength in depth for the midfield three? If so then we could save money by freeing both Flannigan and Hodge, as much as I think they're both good players (Hodge especially)

And in order to avoid upsetting BJ, Allez le Hoor! Hope to see him playing against us (although not scoring against us this time) next season.