Tourist Features In Glasgow/Scotland?

Waka

If your going to Inverness jump off the train at Stirling, you can visit the Bannockburn Heritage Centre, The Wallace Monument, Stirling Castle & Stirling Bridge. :thumbsup2:

Good idea. But if in Stirling, don't miss the excellent (and free) Smith Art Gallery & Museum. See the world's oldest known football!:

http://www.smithartgallery.demon.co.uk/

May I suggest you visit Aberfoyle and take your girlfriend up the Duke's Pass? Very, very nice this time of year.

Well done on getting that one past Admin!!!

Ooer missus.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've driven that road more times than I can count and never came across the innuendo "take the girlfriend up the dukes pass" or just standard "up the Dukes pass" I feel like an idiot, that is hilarious!

If you go as far as Ullapool then might be worthwhile going to Durness, great beaches up there... Honestly. Also Smoo cave is quite cool and Cape Wrath, it's like being on the edge of the earth.

just got back from my visit which the missus and i did on all public transit.

suggestions based on what we did:

- some nice beaches in East Lothian, and Edinburgh is always worth a visit, imo

- walk around Byres rd. in Glasgow

- Oban (underrated town in my opinion with a fantastic distillery) and the ferry out to Mull (another good distillery there)

- Fort William (disagree with it being better than Inverness), which is nice enough as a base for outdoor pursuits. you can splash out and take the steam train to Mallaig over the Glenfinnan viaduct for something like 60 quid for two, or you can buy a cheap day return to Glenfinnan for 6 pounds a piece, hike down to the Glenfinnan monument and then position yourself to take some quality pictures of the steamtrain going over the viaduct, if that is your thing.

also, anytime spent on the Isle of Skye is time well spent.

and, for what it's worth, we found citylink bus to be pretty fantastic. if anyone has ever taken Greyhound in the US or Canada, citylink is like taking the concorde.