Scottish Football Saved

Norman

All the ills of Scottish football cured.

"We put the groundwork in, covering the miles across Scotland trying to explain the benefits of what we're doing.

"I'm really proud, I'm proud for my staff, the board and the members that they have had the guts to make the change.

"It really is a huge day for Scottish football."

The SFA board has approved:

* Reducing its main board from 11 directors to seven, including a new independent director, which will focus primarily on strategic and financial matters - and major decisions affecting the game

* Creating two operational boards - one for professional football and one for the non-professional game

* A new judicial system to replace the old committee system and make disciplinary decisions more transparent and concluded within a 48 to 72-hour period.

* Reducing the present council to a debating forum to include representatives of referees, disabled football, women's game, from supporters direct, from football writers.

If this doesn't get bums back on seats, I don't know what will!

Seriously, tell me there's more to this than is being reported.

Maybe it's only me but I detect a note of sarcasm in some of the previous posts.

Having had the benefit of time to mull all this over I too echo Mr Regan's comments...

These are the most significant changes in the 138-year history of the SFA
and
It really is a huge day for Scottish football

For those who may not have had the time to fully comprehend all this, here are a couple of salient points, which in my mind makes this so momentous.....

1/The SFA board is to be reduced from eleven blazers to seven.

2/The Cove Rangers chairman is to be the vice president.

I think you'll agree about the incisive brilliance of this :thumbsup2:

While we rejoice and praise Messrs Regan and McLeish let's not forget the significant input made by George Peat. It was after all George who started the ball rolling by commissioning the McLeish Report when he realised he was too thick to do anything himself.