Two Scottish Managers Leave Their Posts

I'd have thought if Villa had any ambition they'd try to prise Moyes away from Everton. He must be getting a bit fed up there now. Though his contract may be a problem.

Conversely, if Moyes has any ambition he might want to head to Villa. Still think he's waiting for a retirement in the Manchester area.

heard earlier that Davies might now be in the frame for the birmingham job :o

merry-go-round!!

sure i also heard that roaster Steve McLaren had got the Forest job not sure if I mis heard :thinking:

McClaren confirmed as new Forest manager - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13746920.stm That's a good appointment. He's a very good club manager (Middlesboro and Twente) despite his bad experience at Wolfsburg.

I would imagine that Dave Jones will be considered for the Birmingham job too. He did very well at Cardiff with a limited budget. Chris Hughton who was treated abominably by Newcastle is another alternative.

McClaren confirmed as new Forest manager - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13746920.stm That's a good appointment. He's a very good club manager (Middlesboro and Twente) despite his bad experience at Wolfsburg.

I would imagine that Dave Jones will be considered for the Birmingham job too. He did very well at Cardiff with a limited budget. Chris Hughton who was treated abominably by Newcastle is another alternative.

You don't work in Human Resources by any chance?

:)

Could be a bit of a language barrier for McLaren at Forest, given that he only speaks Dutch.

Say what? :blink:

Talking in work today and we came up with the following, which is probably wrong. Was McLeish the Motherwell manager who finished bottom but was saved by league reconstruction? Was he the manager when Hibs got relegated?

I'm sure Butcher was 'Well manager the last time they finished bottom. Got a feeling Duffy was Hibs manager.

Talking in work today and we came up with the following, which is probably wrong. Was McLeish the Motherwell manager who finished bottom but was saved by league reconstruction? Was he the manager when Hibs got relegated?

In his first season with Motherwell, McLeish finished second to Rangers. He left to join Hibs who were already in relegation trouble and failed to save them from going down. They came up the next season and did pretty well in their first season back in the top league. He was initially quite successful at Rangers...something of a pattern in his managerial career.

I've always quite liked McLeish - he was a decent player for Aberdeen and Scotland. However if I was a Villa fan, I would be less than delighted at the prospect of him becoming manager.

Butcher was the manager of Motherwell when they finished bottom - they were saved from relegation because Falkirk didn't meet the SPL stadium requirements. Motherwell have also avoided relegation on two other occasions because of league reconstruction.

In his first season with Motherwell, McLeish finished second to Rangers. He left to join Hibs who were already in relegation trouble and failed to save them from going down. They came up the next season and did pretty well in their first season back in the top league. He was initially quite successful at Rangers...something of a pattern in his managerial career.

I've noticed that myself. Makes one suspect he's an enthusiast who can transmit his enthusiasm to a new team but once that wears off he's not got enough range in his abilities to keep the impetus going. That's probably a bit simplistic but I suspect there is something in it.

I've noticed that myself. Makes one suspect he's an enthusiast who can transmit his enthusiasm to a new team but once that wears off he's not got enough range in his abilities to keep the impetus going. That's probably a bit simplistic but I suspect there is something in it.

Looks like he knows how to play the manager game. Never seems to get sacked outright yet he's not particularly missed when he's gone. Look at the number of once higher profile managers than McLeish ever was that got sacked from a top job that are now plying their trade at a much lower level.

Maybe not something to admire but he seems to manage his career effectively.