Mark Stewart

Mediocre Pundit

On the same (kind of) topic, I see there's a rumour Harkins may be going to Kilmarnock. Question: will they have to pay a fee or will Dundee just let him go? Not sure what his contract with them was, does it still have a year to run? I can't imagine Killie being able to pay that much.

Craig Forsyth could be leaving too, to an English club.

On the same (kind of) topic, I see there's a rumour Harkins may be going to Kilmarnock. Question: will they have to pay a fee or will Dundee just let him go? Not sure what his contract with them was, does it still have a year to run? I can't imagine Killie being able to pay that much.

Craig Forsyth could be leaving too, to an English club.

It will depend upon whether Dundee owe Harkins money. He was one of the biggest football creditors (around £100k) when the club went into administration. If he is still owed money, it would be breach of contract and he could leave for free.

If that would be so it would be the irony of all ironies. In terms of career development the only way we helped the lad was by releasing him.

I seem to remember that we wanted to keep him on but he turned us down becasue he didn't think we were helping his development much. If so, we can't even claim that much.

I seem to remember that we wanted to keep him on but he turned us down becasue he didn't think we were helping his development much. If so, we can't even claim that much.

To be fair to Campbell & Bone, probably more so the latter in this case, you've either got a youth policy or you haven't. We didn't back then. Just why we didn't, whilst we were spending a relative fortune on at very best journeymen players, wasn't exactly our greatest hour. :(

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

• 4 weeks later...

Bradford City are refusing to pay compensation for Stewart - http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/local-sport/bantams_refuse_to_pay_up_for_out_of_contract_falkirk_striker_1_1722813

"In a website statement Bradford City said: “Falkirk FC issued a statement this week saying they had fully p[rotected their rights for tra\ining and development compensation for the striker’s services.

“After discussions with various organisations, the Bantams dispute this fact and believe no compensation is due to the Scottish club.”