Aaron Sinclair

Big Dave

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The signs certainly look encouraging so far. Big, strong and seems to have a bit of pace and isn't afraid of running at a man or putting in a tackle.

The only criticism I could have of him today is sometimes he had the opportunity to get to the line and put in a cross but never but that's me trying hard to pick a fault. Making the right decisions will come with time.

Sinclair slotted in today like he'd been there for years. Obviously he's going to be a bit raw only being a youngster but he showed great commitment, lightning quick pace and no fear at all to get stuck in. Great find.

I thought we played some good stuff today. I don't really care about all this it was only Celtic's 3rd team chat, we were playing the supposed best youngsters in the country with a few 'first team' pros flung in there and we knocked the ball about well against them and played som tremendous passing football at times while not one of them stood out as being 'one for the future'.

Got forward more today than against motherwell and was impressive again defensively. Having said that, after a shaky start johnny lindsay played well also

Lindsay, unlike Sinclair, has not played many first-team games. He will need some competitive game time, e.g. Challenge Cup, to mature.

Sinclair played very well. Delighted with this signing, and at 20 he's still going to improve, especially with (presumably) full-time football which he couldn't get at Montrose. He's direct, takes on players, and he's incredibly fast. Perhaps his defensive side needs a little adjusting and he could get back quicker, but I think he's going to be a great player for us.

Lindsey looked more assured too, and he'll be more than sufficient back-up, perhaps getting into the first team sometimes. Sinclair is the man though.

Great performance, following on from an assured performance against Motherwell. Reminds me a little of Marc Twaddle, similar height & build, with a bit of pace & happy to take players on.

Lindsay looks fine too in the short time I've seen him, competent back-up, but Sinclair will only be able to lose the LB spot.

The signs certainly look encouraging so far. Big, strong and seems to have a bit of pace and isn't afraid of running at a man or putting in a tackle.

The only criticism I could have of him today is sometimes he had the opportunity to get to the line and put in a cross but never but that's me trying hard to pick a fault. Making the right decisions will come with time.

I'd go along with that. Lindsay's crossing was better but I was very impressed with Sinclair's pace and athleticism.

I think Sinclair, plus Flannigan and Stewart, were our best players today.

Boy done good. He looks very promising and with Paton on the other side could give us some good width when they get forward.

I know it was a young sellick side, but overall it was a good performance and far more positive than against Motherwell.

On another note, pitch looked in good nick and was made a change to see it without the rugby lines. Hopefully have a few more weeks before they reappear.

Boy done good. He looks very promising and with Paton on the other side could give us some good width when they get forward.

I know it was a young sellick side, but overall it was a good performance and far more positive than against Motherwell.

On another note, pitch looked in good nick and was made a change to see it without the rugby lines. Hopefully have a few more weeks before they reappear.

Afraid not, I count that the pitch will either have rugby or football on it every week for the next 7 weeks!

Yeah we all want singings who will get people excited. Thought Sinclair did that today. Sure there is things to work on but every time he got the ball going forward you could sence the anticipation and excitement amoungst the fans.

No one has mentioned Erskine today, but I thought he was excellant. Great set up for Cairney's goal and was involved in Stewarts.

Also thought Cairney was looking impressive until injury forced him off. On the plus side, I spoke to Paul after the match and it seems he was taken off as a precaution. Hamstring felt tight but he hopes to be fit for next saturday.