Norway

eighthoursbehind

Awful.

And the terrible thing is, there's probably already somebody somewhere planning to "outdo" what this nutcase has done.

I'm usually against the death penalty, but why on earth should this individual be allowed to live his life of "celebrity"? There's no doubt that one day in the future he will fill the newspapers about "why he did it", or "he has changed", or whatever. I hate it when the likes of Charles Manson and Mark Chapman give newspaper interviews; captive but famous.

Get rid of them permanently and let the rest of us get on with life, I say.

Hamiltonjag and Jaggernaut sum it up for me.

And me.

Capitalist decadence inevitably results in such tragedies. Our task is to overthrow the existing order which creates inhuman conditions, and to build a new free society -- without wage labour, state, money, market, and political repressions.

:red_card:

As jaggybunnet says, go away.

Capitalist decadence inevitably results in such tragedies. Our task is to overthrow the existing order which creates inhuman conditions, and to build a new free society -- without wage labour, state, money, market, and political repressions.

Not the time or place for that one mate, in a democracy we have no such "task". I'm with the others; plus I don't think capitalism had anything to do with what happened; nor did freemasonry before you start to blame them as well. This one was just a gut-wrenching tragedy perpetrated by an attention seeking psycho of the first order. This was every parent's worst nightmare.

As someone else has pointed out, the sad reality is that some sicko knob-end will try to go one better.

Not the time or place for that one mate, in a democracy we have no such "task". I'm with the others; plus I don't think capitalism had anything to do with what happened; nor did freemasonry before you start to blame them as well. This one was just a gut-wrenching tragedy perpetrated by an attention seeking psycho of the first order. This was every parent's worst nightmare.

As someone else has pointed out, the sad reality is that some sicko knob-end will try to go one better.

for once, what he said

Politics do come into it unfortunately. It is too easy to just dismiss Breivik as an attention seeking loony without taking his extreme ideological background into account. When we first got the news about bombing and shooting in Norway, I bet the first thought among many was of Al Qaeda and not of a tall blonde Norwegian man. It is reminder that right wing extremism and terrorism is a very real threat, which we need to take very serious.

On a second note, capitalism does come into it very far down the line... :rolleyes:

Many innocent children were brutally murdered by this lunatic, regardless his views or beliefs (which Norway as a fully democratic and free society will allow you to air within reason) the man is a lunatic, I stood with 75,000 people of all colours religions beliefs and nationalities in stavanger this evening to pay my respect and not hit out with retaliation, Norwegians wont lower themselves to this guys level, and conducted themselves with decorum and respect in their shock, and grief. As a Scot i was incredibaly proud of them tonight with how they turned out (75,000 out of 120,000 population for stavanger), and lack of talk of retribution or hate. Sigesige we are all entitled to our views but perhaps you should post on a political forum that shares your beliefs and views instead

Politics do come into it unfortunately. It is too easy to just dismiss Breivik as an attention seeking loony without taking his extreme ideological background into account. When we first got the news about bombing and shooting in Norway, I bet the first thought among many was of Al Qaeda and not of a tall blonde Norwegian man. It is reminder that right wing extremism and terrorism is a very real threat, which we need to take very serious.

On a second note, capitalism does come into it very far down the line... :rolleyes:

I know what you're saying and wouldn't disagree. However, given the scale of the tragedy, I for one wouldn't wish to start spouting my usual puerile nonsense about the evils of the system on this thread; and believe me, when I go into overdrive I can spout some A-class words of wisdom / nonsense / drivel... you decide! :blink:

The more I read about this one the more I see that for all their wealth and liberal views, the Norwegians also have their fair share of loonies. Maybe this is the true price of democracy!