Anyone Else Notice

Chicofan

Wasn't at the game as I had a friend's birthday BBQ to attend.

On the one hand, that was a result that we really should be able to avoid. On the other, I never really joined in with the boundless optimism that has seemingly affected many of us in the past couple of months. I had expected, at best, fourth place in the league this coming season but if last week is a trend rather than a blip that may need to be reconsidered.

I look on these forthcoming opening trio of league matches with a sense of trepidation. Throw in the Ramsden's tie against Hamilton, and there is a real possibility that our season, and our confidence, could be in tatters by the end of August.

On the one hand, that was a result that we really should be able to avoid. On the other, I never really joined in with the boundless optimism that has seemingly affected many of us in the past couple of months. I had expected, at best, fourth place in the league this coming season but if last week is a trend rather than a blip that may need to be reconsidered.

I look on these forthcoming opening trio of league matches with a sense of trepidation. Throw in the Ramsden's tie against Hamilton, and there is a real possibility that our season, and our confidence, could be in tatters by the end of August.

I still feel there are some good players at the club and there is no doubt they should have avoided such a defeat as saturday's. They better be hurting after what happened on Saturday and be determined to go out this Saturday and give everyone a performance. They owe everyone big time after Saturday.....most so they guys who all were there and parted with their hard earned money , only to be offered what seems to be a shocking performance.

They have put unnecessary pressure on themselves and on the management team. Time for some soul searching and a lot of hard work. No matter what the result on Saturday, they must leave the field knowing they have given everything they had. They do that, most of us will accept the result, win , lose or draw.

If I am not mistaken every other 1st Divison team went through to the 2nd round with several of our rivals having convincing victories <_<

Slightly concerning..however hopefully Saturday was a blip and we will take 3 points from those cheating bassa's on saturday! :)

I noticed and posted such a comment on the match thread. Morton and Livingston have scored 11 goals and conceded none in their first two games. The extra money from a cup run will be missed. The club may have budgeted for at least one more round.

The main concern is that the main squad is virtually unchanged. Sinclair has replaced Boyle and Scott Robertson has replaced John Robertson. Several posters claimed that such continuity would give us a strong start to the season.

We will do well to finish mid-table again this season. The defensive frailty has returned and we are struggling to score again. Jackie has to sort it out quickly.

100% agree. amazed how many people cant see this and how important a good start is for a club like ours.

We had most of the play and deserved to go one up and we could have added at least one more before they scored.But when they equalised with what was one of their first shots on goal we just fell out of it.After Paton was sent of we had some pressure but when we didnt get anything we fell away again and once they went 2 1 up we never looked like coming back.What a familiar story it is losing a game from a winning position.But when we go behind we rarely get anything.The next month or so is a very important time for our team.I know the season is just starting but it is time for everyone at Firhill to show what they can do.If we have a similar start to the league as we had last season i dont see us getting out of it this time.