.........Cairney.....Rowson.....Bannigan

.........Stewart.....Doolan.....Erskine

Subs:

Scully

Balatoni

Campbell

Flannigan

Grehan/Fraser

I'd be tempted to give Robertson his debut and put Kinniburgh on the bench. If not, he would take Balatoni's place on the bench.

I am going for the team I think it should be. 4-4-2 is the way to go.

If we line-up 4-3-3 Dundee could go 4-5-1 meaning we are two short in midfield.

Our formation would be fine if Erskine is on his game but we all know how inconsistent he is.

...........................Fox

Paton.....Kinniburgh.....Archibald.....Sinclair

Flannigan... Cairney …. Rowson..... Erskine

.........Stewart…………...Doolan.....

Subs:

Scully

Balatoni

Campbell

Bannigan

Grehan

Edited by Alan Murray

I am going for the team I think it should be. 4-4-2 is the way to go.

If we line-up 4-3-3 Dundee could go 4-5-1 meaning we are two short in midfield.

Our formation would be fine if Erskine is on his game but we all know how inconsistent he is.

Flannigan... Cairney …. Rowson..... Erskine

.........Stewart…………...Doolan.....

Subs:

Scully

Balatoni

Campbell

Bannigan

Grehan

I'd agree with the 4-4-2 but would put Flannigan on the bench and Campbell wide right. Would also consider Robertson to either replace Balatoni on the bench or Kinniburgh in defence.

Wide midfielders cutting inside to allow full backs to come forward when we are on the attack (not both at the same time tho) as Paton and Sinclair are capable of getting up and down their respective sides all day long and Erskine and Flannigan/Campbell are all 'comfortable' more centrally.

.........Cairney.....Rowson.....Bannigan

.........Stewart.....Doolan.....Erskine

Go with that team tho' a midfield of Campbell, Cairney & Rowson has its appeal. Campbell being perhaps at this stage more combative than Bannigan. He also would put in decent cross balls for our three left sided forwards.

Alan M does have a point re Erskine. Perhaps we shouldn't be building a team round him just because he doesn't suit any rigid position. The Erskine risk factor may be somewhat reduced if Flannigan is on the bench. That's not another cheap shot at Iain F just I feel it's a bit dodgy starting both him and Erskine.

Go with that team tho' a midfield of Campbell, Cairney & Rowson has its appeal. Campbell being perhaps at this stage more combative than Bannigan. He also would put in decent cross balls for our three left sided forwards.

Alan M does have a point re Erskine. Perhaps we shouldn't be building a team round him just because he doesn't suit any rigid position. The Erskine risk factor may be somewhat reduced if Flannigan is on the bench. That's not another cheap shot at Iain F just I feel it's a bit dodgy starting both him and Erskine.

I'm liking your thinking. Campbell works his socks off and if we're going 4-3-3 we need that tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised to see Robertson starting in midfield though to give us a bit of height.

Edited by Vom Itorium

We are desperately short of pace at the back - any team who counters us with pace will have us in trouble. 4-3-3 is not going to work at this level with the players we have, we should think about going to 3-5-2 - we have the key players (Sinclair, Paton) who can function as wing backs in this formation. If we continue with the 4-3-3 we will be in serious trouble, McNamara has to reconsider.

We are desperately short of pace at the back - any team who counters us with pace will have us in trouble. 4-3-3 is not going to work at this level with the players we have, we should think about going to 3-5-2 - we have the key players (Sinclair, Paton) who can function as wing backs in this formation. If we continue with the 4-3-3 we will be in serious trouble, McNamara has to reconsider.

I don’t agree we are that short of pace at the back. Archie is not bad and Kinniburgh is actually pretty quick for a centre back. I would ideally like a centre back that was better in distribution.

Tactics are going to interesting today, Barry smith will be well aware we are going to line-up 4-3-3.

And the team is:

Scott Fox

Paul Paton

Aaron Sinclair

Scott Robertson

Willie Kinniburgh

Alan Archibald

Paul Cairney

David Rowson

Kris Doolan

Tommy Stewart

Chris Erskine

Subs:

Ryan Scully

Jamie Campbell

Conrad Balatoni

Martin Grehan

Iain Flannigan

Isn't Robertson a CB? If so it looks like a 5-3-2 with Erskine in midfield. Otherwise Robertson might be in defensive midfield in a 4-3-3. If it's the former, then it might be a good surprise from McNamara with Dundee expecting to be up against a 4-3-3.

i am relying on sky sports and friends at game.dundee have filled the away stand and some

So that's over 2000 Dundee fans, and you would hope over 2000 Thistle fans too. Good to see Dundee finally bringing a good support to the West of Scotland.