The Sun's Supergoals A-Z

Dark Passenger

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The players should be banned from taking part in this. Paul Paton comes across as an ignorant ned in today's paper. Cringeworthy stuff.

as i have not read the article i could not possibly comment on the content, and therefore must rely on the information you have so succinctly provided, so therefore i have to assume the item that offends you was aimed at the sun readership, who on the whole are as thick as twelve lav’y pans for purchasing the rag in the first place, but then again i could be wrong

The players should be banned from taking part in this. Paul Paton comes across as an ignorant ned in today's paper. Cringeworthy stuff.

agree with you. does no-one at the club get involved with these things and vet the answers? anyone else find the story about all the players pishing in a pint glass and giving it to paul cairney hilarious? naw, me neither. family club my arse.

agree with you. does no-one at the club get involved with these things and vet the answers? anyone else find the story about all the players pishing in a pint glass and giving it to paul cairney hilarious? naw, me neither. family club my arse.

Dry your eyes

This post is a prefect example of the kind of snobbery I've come to expect on this forum. Any excuse to attack our players or manager though, eh? You can be sure this thread wouldn't be here if we had won on Saturday.

The likes of you give the rest of our support a bad name with your snobbery.

This post is a prefect example of the kind of snobbery I've come to expect on this forum. Any excuse to attack our players or manager though, eh? You can be sure this thread wouldn't be here if we had won on Saturday.

The likes of you give the rest of our support a bad name with your snobbery.

Amen. Some folk can't help themselves.

as i have not read the article i could not possibly comment on the content, and therefore must rely on the information you have so succinctly provided, so therefore i have to assume the item that offends you was aimed at the sun readership, who on the whole are as thick as twelve lav’y pans for purchasing the rag in the first place, but then again i could be wrong

Have you interviewed each and every Sun reader? Do you think it's reasonable to gauge someone's intelligence purely from what newspaper they choose to read? Your username coupled with the fact that your post is littered with spelling and grammatical errors hardly indicates that you are someone of a superior intellect.

family club my arse.

:D. What a precious little soul. Perhaps you should go and watch Celtic. You'll find 50,000 people who are just as easily offended as you. They're also renowned for their family values :)

Edited by Tom Stronach

Would you be saying this if it was back in the 90s, with all the mad nutters in Lambie's old team? Doubt it. Or the team ten years ago who won us back to back promotions?

Edited by northernsoul

Nobody batted an eyelid when the Wimbledon crazy gang done this sort of stuff on a weekly basis did they? They were bloody media darlings if anything.

Un****ing believeable. I'd rather not be a family club to be honest. Who the hell wants to be like ******* Livingston and their plastic pishy atmosphere anyway? Its a waste of time and money.

Edited by MWM

Have you interviewed each and every Sun reader? Do you think it's reasonable to gauge someone's intelligence purely from what newspaper they choose to read? Your username coupled with the fact that your post is littered with spelling and grammatical errors hardly indicates that you are someone of a superior intellict.

:D. What a precious little soul. Perhaps you should go and watch Celtic. You'll find 50,000 people who are just as easily offended as you. They're also renowned for their family values :)

:lol:

Have you interviewed each and every Sun reader? Do you think it's reasonable to gauge someone's intelligence purely from what newspaper they choose to read? Your username coupled with the fact that your post is littered with spelling and grammatical errors hardly indicates that you are someone of a superior intellect.

Holy ****! Please, tell me you didn't edit your spelling error, after jobby pointed it out!

In a post where you slag someone for their spelling?

:-D

And for reference. I think readers of The Sun are morons.

I read it and took it for what it was, a bit of harmless insight to what goes on off the pitch with the guys we watch every week.

The story about them all pissing in a pint offended you? Pretty sure that stuff goes on in just about every Rugby club in the country but they are obviously well read doctors and lawyers and not just neddy footballers.

Some folk need to get a life and chill out :thumbsup2::rolleyes:

Would you be saying this if it was back in the 90s, with all the mad nutters in Lambie's old team? Doubt it. Or the team ten years ago who won us back to back promotions?

Why is it that people are content for football to stand still while the rest of us move forward? I'd argue that's more of a reason for the bad state the sport is in in this country, rather than the gentrification of the game.

Nobody batted an eyelid when the Wimbledon crazy gang done this sort of stuff on a weekly basis did they? They were bloody media darlings if anything.

Un****ing believeable. I'd rather not be a family club to be honest. Who the hell wants to be like ******* Livingston and their plastic pishy atmosphere anyway? Its a waste of time and money.

and this is exactly why we're ****** as a club. the club works hard to promote family values, free entry, out to schools, has a new sponsor that says its there because holds the same values, has kids zones and family days and wants to be seen as a good alternative to those other two. but the fans don't want that it if this thread is anything to go by. we can't have it both ways. the club's website promoting an article that goes the opposite way from everything they've been doing for the last two/three years is unbelievable. times change and that's why the lambie 90s and wimbledon comparisons are irrelevant. i've lived through and enjoyed those times and many before them so i've seen how it used to be but it aint that anymore.

The story about them all pissing in a pint offended you? Pretty sure that stuff goes on in just about every Rugby club in the country but they are obviously well read doctors and lawyers and not just neddy footballers.

The difference being they keep it in-house and don't boast about it in a national rag.

the club's website promoting an article that goes the opposite way from everything they've been doing for the last two/three years is unbelievable.

Correct. No consistency in messaging. It's ramshackle.

Why is it that people are content for football to stand still while the rest of us move forward? I'd argue that's more of a reason for the shitty state the sport is in in this country, rather than the gentrification of the game.

Not that you're necessarily saying it but I wouldn't say football has stood still. It's just moved forward in a wrong direction. Besides moving sport forward need not involve gentrification.

For instance a lot of us would advocate the return of terracing or standing area enclosures but that doesn't mean that we'd want uncovered toilets or wish to use those covered ones at Central Pk, Ayr or Morton as a template. We're repeatedly told by football authorities that providing terracing would be a backward step where I'd argue providing safe standing areas would be part of the way forward.

Sorry all that's off on a tangent but no more than discussing the pros and cons of the Sun newspaper and its readership.

Not that you're necessarily saying it but I wouldn't say football has stood still. It's just moved forward in a wrong direction.

That's a fair point. There are remnants of the past I'm sure we'd all like to see retained in a safe and controlled manner, but, personally, the booze culture of the 80s can stay there.

I dont understand how after one article about a few of our current players in our squad now stops us from being a family club. Under 16's for free , entertainment (bouncy castle ect) outside firhill and now this article has came out it all suddenly stops. Need to stand back and weigh things up for a minute. Also i am not a reader of the sun but because you read a certain paper how does this possibly make you a moron.